32

Thomas

Hearing mum crying in her room was the last straw. How could he treat her so awfully? I ran down stairs to see him on the couch with a beer, watching TV as if nothing was wrong. I picked up the remote and switched off the TV, eliciting a shout from him about 'what the hell I thought I was doing'. I sat on our coffee table so I was directly across from him, ready for a civilized conversation. Except that was the exact opposite of what I got. As soon as the subject of mum was brought up, he retreated to this new, angry side, one I hadn't seen until a few weeks prior. Nothing I said was getting through to him, and that's when I made the mistake of calling him a "fcking asshle". Ok, admittedly, maybe I shouldn't have done that but that did not justify what he did next. Before I even registered what had happened, I felt a sharp sting of pain surrounding my right eye. The bastard hit me.
The shocked look on his face almost made me feel sorry for him, almost. Before he could say anything, I walked up to my room, still stunned about what had just happened. My dad was not a violent man. He's never done anything like this before.

Texts between Newt and Thomas

Newt
Hey love, have you talked to your dad yet? Just checking you're okay xx

Read - 17:49