Chapter Ten

Surprisingly I wasn't hungover in the morning. I'd went to sleep drunk, fully clothed, and honestly sad.

I woke up to someone pulling my hair.

It didn't register at first. I thought maybe I was just laying on my hair or it had gotten snagged on something. But when I felt an extra hard tug followed by a high pitched giggle, my eyes shot open.

I recognized Kody's daughter immediately even though she didn't exactly look like the portraits of her that were hung up around the house. Her hair was dark, long and wild, messy with cute little curls springing out. Her eyes were wide , light blue and bright with laughter. Her mouth was messy, with remnants of what looked like a cherry popsicle.

I sat up in my bed , lightly disconnecting my hair from her sticky hands. "Hi." I said with a laugh. She was cute.

Her smile widened. "Hi." She replied with a giggle. "Want candy?" She asked, showing me her fist. I assumed there was a sticky piece of candy hidden somewhere inside of it.

"Of course." I said holding my hand out. Sure enough she dropped a slightly chewed red gusher into my hand. "Oh, wow." I said with false excitement.

I wondered if Kody is here. Surprisingly I wasn't too nervous. If there was one Vincent sibling that I knew was going to act like nothing had changed since I turned fourteen, it was Kody. I was actually kind of excited to see him.

At the sound of the light knock on my door, Addy gasped turning to face the door.

"Come in." I said lightly, interested in seeing who it was.

Aiden opened the door, a hesitant expression on his face. When his gaze landed on his niece his face softened. "Addy." he said sounding exhausted. "I said no going upstairs."

She ran to him, throwing her arms around his legs. "Unca Aiden, look! A girl."

He bent down, swiftly scooping her up and tossing her over his shoulder.

Fucking butterflies.

"A girl who has a name..." Aiden said.

Addy tugged at his hair. "I don't know."

He grinned and when he did, lord have mercy. "Grace" He said, his smile widening.

"Grace." Addy repeated, making it sound like gwace. "Hi Grace."

I gave her a small wave. "Hi, Addy."

"Sorry she barged in here. It's my first time babysitting and she's good at finessing." Aiden said sending me a quick look.

Addy tugged his hair harder, apparently not liking the comment.

Aiden winced, shuffling her around until she was away from his hair. "Say bye to Grace, Addy."

She laughed as he moved her, not even sparing me a glance. "Bye Grace."

He sent me another look before turning and exiting my room, softly closing my door behind him.

The minute he left the room I hopped up running to the bathroom. I quickly showered and brushed my teeth before changing into a pair of biker shorts and a t-shirt. I brushed my hair leaving it wavy before making my way downstairs.

I wanted to get a better look at Kody's daughter.

When I entered the living room Aiden was crouched down tying Addy's shoes. Her face had been scrubbed clean but her hair was still a curly mess.

I smiled. "Leaving already, Addy?" I asked causing both her and her uncle to look up at me.

I met Aiden's gaze quickly before turning my attention to Addy.