Your Fault

Don't shoot the messenger, but this is not a chapter for the Robin and the Avengers story. But do not worry, it is not dead. This is just something that I have had on my mind and it is helping to cure my writers block. I will update and finish this book. Also, it is something to entertain you in the meantime and to know this is not abandoned. So have faith and cheer up, your comments have been depressing me.

.........................................................................................................................

"I can't believe you didn't see that comming." Gothams own Dark Knight stated, anger laced in his tone as he stared down at his old partner and son, who was restrained just under the chair he was sitting on. The position his son was in was very uncomfortable and would possibly require chiropractic work when done; however, luckily Nighwing was a skilled contortionist, who had no problems whatsoever with the position he was currently in. In fact, he was rather quite enjoying himself to Batmans great annoyance.

"C'mon B, it's not that bad." Nightwing said, trying to cool down Bruce's anger. However, the young man instantly stopped once he saw that no amount of words were going to lighten the situation they were in. Nightwing sighed, and tried moving to see if there was any way out of their current predicament. He pulled at his restraints, only succeeding in drawing blood and he tried tucking in his knees to push the chair off of him with his feet, but the chair wouldn't budge.

"It's no use, I already tried while you were still unconscious. The cuffs are reinforced steel and the chair itself is welded to the floor. I'm still trying to figure out how they got you to be in that position." Batman said grufly, leaning back in his seat. Nightwing stopped with his figiting and stared at Bruce intently, noticing the man's sunken face and downtrodden posture.

"What's got you so down Bats?" Dick asked curiously, wondering what was on the Dark Nights mind.

"The thought that the only person who could possibly help us right now is none other than Superman." Batman said angrily, clenching his fists. Nightwing couldn't help but snort, finding it funny that the only thing Bruce was worried about is Clark finding them in this predicament, however he regretted it once his ribs flared up in protest.

"You ok?" Bruce asked, noticing Dick's reaction.

"Oh yeah, I'm doing just great." Nightwing said sarcastically. "I'm restrained to the bottom of a chair at an awkward angle and I most likely have three to four broken or cracked ribs... yeah I'm doing just great." He finished, trying once again to get his legs to retract back under the seat, but found that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't. The chair was just to low to maneuver out from under it.  He tried sliding up as well, but the cuffs held him in place. He was effectively.... stuck.

He wouldn't normally be so bothered by the position he was in, but the room was cold and the floor was even colder. Whoever had taken them had removed his shoes and gloves, so he was extra cold. He gathered that he had about an hour before the beginning signs of hypothermia started to take on. His body was contortioned into a weird folded over position to where he couldn't straighten out no matter how hard he tried, and he was retrained to a chair that was welded to the floor and he knew that he had a pretty severe concussion. And last but certainly not least... Bruce blamed him for the whole thing.

"I know your upset, but I don't appreciate the sarcasm." Batman said tonelessly, looking down at his son, who was looking rather pale and was shivering slightly.

They had been fighting for a while and this was probably the first time they had spoken to each other in months other than mission debreifs for YJ. Batman was still upset that Dick had taken up the mantel of Nightwing after he had fired him from being Robin. He had fired him to keep him from further harm, and what did he do? Ran away and joined a crazy sociopath named Slade Wilson and had trained under him as an apprentice before comming to his senses again. Bruce had thought that Dick would return home after that, but the boy had refused. Bruce felt that Dick felt betrayed when he had taken another kid in and had trained him to be Robin. Bruce knew what Robin was for Dick, but he knew that the boy would outgrow it someday... and he had. He had left to become Nightwing, Protector of Blüdhaven. Furthermore, Bruce hated the fact that Dick had left to become a police officer for the BCPD of all things.