Epilogue

2 Months Later.

Evelyn's eyes mist up as she watches Henrietta and Fredrick exchange vows. She grips tightly onto the bridal bouquet and claps along with the rest of the congregation as the newly married couple share a sweet kiss. Evelyn gazes around the church as the couple make their way back down the aisle. She meets the eyes of Lady Edith and smiles politely, silently relishing her recent victory over the woman.

During the wedding planning, Edith had insisted that her daughter Petunia be the maid of honour until Henrietta shouted her down in a row that lasted several days. It was only resolved when Fredrick spoke to his mother about the importance of the bride planning her own wedding and then Edith consented into letting Evelyn into the wedding. This didn't come without consequences, one being that the reception is at Lady Edith's house.

Halfway through the reception, Evelyn manages to steal Henrietta away from the large crowds of well-wishers and gift-givers.

"You are a lifesaver," Henrietta says, gratefully accepting a glass of champagne, downing it and reaching for another as a butler passes with a full tray.

"Slow down." Evelyn laughs sipping her own drink. Henrietta shakes her head, glaring at something behind her cousin's head.

"If I have to hear Edith say what a surprising and unique edition I am to the family one more time I am going to scream." She says with venom, "I can't wait till you outrank her."

Evelyn chokes on the champagne and spits it out, "Shhh, no one knows yet." She places the glass on a nearby table and drags her cousin into a more secluded part of the room. "You have to keep your voice down about this."

Henrietta gives her a condescending look, "Everyone knows, it's so obvious from the way he is around you. I still don't understand why you don't wear the ring yet."

"What's so obvious?" Blackmoore asks as he approaches them.

"That you are engaged," Henrietta says. Blackmoore laughs and wraps an arm around Evelyn's shoulders.

"Yes, it's a hard one to miss." He says. Henrietta nods.

"But Evelyn still insists on keeping it a secret." She says with a disapproving look. He grimaces, looking guilty,

"I've already told my parents.... and Eliza and Jasper." He admits, "And this random couple I ran into after I asked you."

"I can't believe you have told people!" Evelyn says, stepping away from his embrace so she can shoot him her most stern look. "We agreed only to tell Henrietta because she'd have a fit if we didn't tell her first!"

"I am sorry! I got excited." Blackmoore says, holding up his hands in surrender, "My fiancée is a pretty amazing woman."

Evelyn huffs, "It's fine."

He grins and tries takes her hand. She resists at first but then lets him.

"I hate how I can't stay annoyed at you." She says grumpily. He chuckles and squeezes her hand.

"I think you can, but you are reserving it for bigger matters." He says, "Like when I sell my house and buy us a townhouse near Greenwich Park without telling you..."

Henrietta gasps, her eyes wide. Evelyn frowns at her and turns to her fiancé.

"Are you serious?" She asks slowly. He scrunches his face up, preparing for her to explode.

"Yes."

Evelyn drops his hand and fixes him with a serious glare. "You....bought a house near Greenwich Park without telling me?" She repeats. He nods and almost drops her in surprise as she flings herself into his arms.