[14] reappearance

Felicia leaned against the door, sighing heavily.

"Parties are just not going great for me lately," she laughed a shallow laugh, her gaze drifting from Dylan to Chris and then back again.

"What's up?" Dylan frowned.

"Oh, it's nothing," Felicia's tense smile proved her sarcasm if her tone hadn't been enough, "just a certain person outside that I'd rather not meet." 

"Is it...?"

"Yeah," she closed her eyes, her brows knitting together.

Chris frowned. "Who is it? Was he invited?"   

"I sure hope not," Felicia huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Is it- what's his name- Alexander?" Chris questioned as he raised his eyebrows. Felicia shot a glare to Dylan.

"You told him about him?" She accused with a subtle embarrassed blush tinting her face, letting her arms drop.

"I felt he had the right to know!" Dylan defended. "He helped!" Felicia seemed to consider his words, keeping quiet for a moment before shrugging.

"Yeah, that's fair." 

"So," Chris cut in, "Is that who's here?" 

"Yeah, it's Xander," Felicia groaned, "I don't know why he's here, we broke up a month ago! I can't deal with him right now. I don't even know how he knew I was here... I must have my snap map on or something." 

"Is he inside? I'll kick him out," Chris took a step closer to the door but Felicia shook her head.

"He's not inside, not yet at least," she coughed, "he was parking his car outside when I went out to get some air."

"I'll talk to him," Dylan's voice was very unlike his usual soft tone. It sounded stern and angry, but then again, he was angry. He gently pushed Felicia from the door and marched down the stairs, entering the crowd.

"Dyl!" Felicia called after him but he didn't stop until he was outside.

Xander had been sitting in his car but when he saw Dylan he got out of the car and started walking towards the younger.

"What do you want?" Dylan yelled even though the distance couldn't be more than a few yards. Xander took a few more steps, the two almost being chest to chest now.

"I'm not here to talk to you," Xander growled, "where is she?" 

Steam practically came out of Dylan's ears. "She doesn't want to talk to you." He could hear the door open and close, and when he turned around he saw Felicia coming out of the house. When he turned back to Xander, his expression had softened.

"Felicia!" He called out, trying to get past Dylan. "Come on, baby, can I just talk to you? I miss you and I know-"

"Xander, leave," Felicia said with a strange calm, which Dylan knew only came when she was pissed, "I don't want to see you, I don't want to talk to you, I don't understand why you keep trying."

Xander was quiet for a moment before the anger returned to his eyes and he turned back to Dylan. By this time, some party-goers had noticed the commotion outside and went to watch, standing by the door and stared.

"It's you, isn't it?" Xander hissed through gritted teeth, "You've been fucking my girl all this time, haven't you? You're always with her, I don't know why I'm surprised."

"She isn't 'your girl' anymore," Dylan snapped back, "It ain't my fault that you couldn't keep it in your pants and went and fucked someone else."