Chapter 3-As Long As I Stand

All eyes were on me, except for Asch. He was on his knees, his body stiffened as he heard my voice booming through the hall. "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" I let out a few breathes, watching the Knights as they ready their weapons towards me.

"And who are you?" The King asked as I stepped forward, my fists clenched tight, my body burning, my tattoos... were sore. My eyes were clouded... but not with tears, they were clouded with some sort of light.

"I am someone you will learn to be afraid of," I said and pushed past the Knights. The King laughed and commanded for his Knights to attack. I stood on Asch's side, gently placing my hand on his shoulder as I took a deep breath.

"I will never be afraid, of some human," He said and then it went WOOSH! A sudden blast of fire erupted and Asch was standing at my side. We both were angry. Very angry. "Impossible!" My eyes began to get less clouded, my body relaxed, and the pain along each line of my tattoos calmed itself.

"Princess Tris!" I heard voices shout from behind us. Noi, Lief, Rhys, and Pierce were running in from the back doors. I turned to face them, spotting several scorch marks along the walls and carpet. Asch has got some power to him...

"Are you guys alright?" Lief asked as I turned back towards the King, no answer.

"As long as I stand," I began, fist clenched tight, "You will not hurt a single one of them."

"And what are you going to do to stop me?" The King asked and leaned forward, his eyes glaring with black flames. I turned on my heel and dropped back down to everyone else's level.

"I don't have to do anything," I told him with a glare, "I'm the only human left on Damos. You won't do anything." With that, we all walked away. Well, I was dragged away, and so was Asch.

"What was that?" Asch asked me. Me??? Why was he asking me???

"What do you mean?" I asked with confusion, "If it was about what I said that needed to be said! I refuse to let you die! I refuse to anyone else get hurt because of me!"

"No one is going to get hurt," Asch promised.

"Well," Lief began, "Someone might be caught on fire." I stepped back. On fire. What in the world did I do?

"Lief!" Asch growled as he glared towards him. I shook my head, ready for an adventure that was starting. I could feel it. In my bones. I smiled and turned towards the full-scale door to ceiling windows. Walking towards them without caution.

"I don't know when! I don't know how!" I sang as I stepped on the ledge of one of the windows. A gust of wind blew back, catching my hair, just like it did Ariel's in The Little Mermaid. "But I know something's starting right now!" I closed my eyes tight and tilted my head down. I didn't feel afraid. I didn't feel scared. The heights didn't bother me. No.

For the first time in my life... I felt...

"Free," I muttered and leaned forward.

Falling out the window.

I KNOW THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER! BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE VERY REVEALING! 

FOR NOW! WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN? COMMENT DOWN BELOW!