Chapter 15-It's A Trap

(DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER IS NOT IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF TRISTIAN)

It's in all those things that you love. All the time spent, all the people you meet, and the lessons learned. Today, I met a little girl, one who shared promise. She was a small little thing who didn't take kindly to me. She liked to play with one of our youngest. Lief. He was already proving to be a master thief and every part of him was screaming to fight someone. Something. These two fought often, every time they saw each other.

"Lief!" The girl would scream when she ran through our doors. She came but once a week, crawling through the mountains to our little hideaway. "You're going down!" She'd jump up and he'd catch her every time, always flipping her over and onto her back.

"You can't just charge at me," He reminds her for maybe the millionth time, "You need a strategy." The girl nods, but I know, just like every day, she doesn't understand. Today was different though, she nodded with purpose, she nodded without fear as if she was behind a plan all her own.

"Sir we need-" My commander Lake began saying once. I held up one of my green bladed daggers to his throat, silencing him. I listened quietly to the world around me, things were not normal.

"Lief," The girl said softly, "It's time we go." Lief nodded. He knew what was happening. He knew what she was doing.

"It's an ambush!" I shouted, and just as to say in short, it was. Queen DeSilvia, Terriana, and Zolia. The twins with the Queen. Things couldn't be more right and wrong, all at once.

"Release the children, now," Queen DeSilvia said firmly, "They are not yours to keep. They deserve life in the Kingdoms."

"The Kingdoms have done nothing!" Lake began to shout, he was in charge, he knew what to do, "What have the Kingdoms done for us! You of all people should be ashamed of yourself DeSilvia! After all that the Guild as done for us! You forsake them as if they're nothing! You are nothing!"

"You watch your tongue in front of her Majesty," Terriana stated firmly, "She has kept you safe here where others have tried to kill you." This was my chance, without a doubt, this was my move. I looked right into Terriana's eyes and glared off to Zolia, knife in my hand as I charged. "NO!" To put it simply, two twins are unstoppable, one twin is only a roadblock.

"Terriana!" Zolia shrieked and landed to her sister's side, though her eyes stayed to me.

"You," Lake growled, "No one needed to die!" All eyes were on me as I kept my eyes only Zolia, though-all it took was one soft glance to the child with Lief, and she was up-standing in front of them. Wings and all. An angel in the mountains. What would I do with such power?

"Don't you dare touch these children," Zolia stated firmly while standing in front of them.

"One is greater than none!" DeSilvia shouted, and with that, the white light left from Zolia's powers, all four of them, were gone. The queen, the last twin, the girl, and Lief.

"What did you do?" Lake said and stood from Terriana, "That girl was with child! She was one of our own! Protected you!"

"She was only in the way of our true power," I said, twirling my blades in my hands, "And so are you..." Without a second thought, I breathed out, allowing my blade to pass-through Lake. No time was needed. "Don't worry. I'll get our keys back, and then we will be the ones on top."

Our keys... the keys that now, our on their way to me. The one that stands by my side and the two, traveling this way, right into the trap they could never see coming. Adrion will know what it means to feel pain, and Earth, will know what it means to be afraid. I will not fail, and if anyone gets in my way... I still have one of my green jade blades left to... finish the job.

(WHOSE POINT OF VIEW DO YOU THINK THIS IS? HINT: YOU'VE ALREADY MET THEM!)