Chapter 21-Second Chances

"The winds of change are on my side," Tristian said as she kept her hand held out to Dominick, "I've made my choice... time to make your's Dominick."

"Tristian are you crazy!?" Derek shouted, "He killed our Mother and you're just going to forgive him?!" Tristian's eyes stayed on Dominick as she spoke up again. Her voice projecting as confident and calm when it was obvious, she was anything but.

"I am," She said proudly. Dominick's eyes locked onto hers, and for once in his life, he felt like he was truly being forgiven.

The history of Dominick is as simple as it can be. He had loved and lost...  and held on to what he couldn't. Once upon a time, a young boy from Earth, met a daring girl from Damos, on an adventure that would change both of them, forever.

But before this, in another once upon a time, this same pair met. Holding on together, as an Ex-Prince and a lonely destructive girl.

"You destroyed my Kingdom!" The Prince shouted in anguish. His red hair matted down to his head, but still smoking at the edges.

"And what would you have done if I hadn't? Marry someone you hate?" The girl said with an expressionless face, "Then where would I be? Where would we be?" Silence fell upon the two, and the world seemed... faded.

Another pair, one of Dominick, and the girl. The lonely destructive girl.

"You took me from my home!" Dominick shouted in anguish. A feeling... he knew he felt somewhere before...

"And what would have done if I hadn't? Do something you hate forever?" The girl said with an expressionless face, "Then where would I be? Where would she be? Where would we be?" Silence fell upon the two again, and in that instance, the two knew exactly who stood before them...

Tears laced Dominick's cheeks as his hand joined in with Tristian's. His voice blasted out like a cry among a large silent crowd, "You killed her... my best friend... my sister... You are the reason for everything..." He turned, his eyes now fixed on the Assassin Guild leader, as a single blade pierced through Dominick. "Uh-"

"Ya know..." The Guild Leader said in the silence, "I merely brought you back because I knew you would listen to me. I never knew you'd break Caden's curse and actually fall in love with one of those monsters." The Guild Leader removed his blade and watched as Dominick leaned back, falling into the snowy outlook of the room. Tristian stood amiss, her white wings flowing proudly behind her still, and a large white sword rested in her hand. "I guess he did die when you attained your full power."

"This isn't my full power..." Tristian said with a soft glance to her brother, "This is our power!" A swift motion came between the siblings, and all that was left of the Guild Leader was a small puddle of some green liquid.

"I'm sorry Zavier..." Derek whispered, "But we need to stop Alateca..." Tristian shook her head.

"No," She said as soft as Derek, "We need to help Terriana."