Chapter 4-They're All True (Pheonix Part 1)

I was falling... my body was... burning... everything was burning. I had closed my eyes, feeling the wind against my face as everything was soaring past me. This feeling... I've felt it before. It was... strong... powerful... unhuman. "You must be from Damos." Rhys had told me once, and I think I finally understood. I remember a story that my mother told me once.

A million and one year ago, there was a girl. She was a Princess. And a bird. She ruled over a Kingdom filled with magic. Everyone could thrive there, and everyone did. She was to marry someone from another Kingdom. A Prince. And a lizard. They had fallen in love over time and had a daughter. She possed both of their powers. Of lizard and bird. Plus, that of her own kindness. Her powers were untamed and much too for her to handle alone. So her parents, entrusted to her, a magical spell for one she older.

They sent her outside of the Kingdoms to live, with a thief, a soldier, an honest man, a scholar, and an innocent child. And each taught her as she grew.

The innocent child taught her to remain a child for as long as she could. To see the childish joy in bad situations.

The scholar taught her to read and write, to explore and discover. Most importantly the scholar taught her how to be curious. Wonder everything.

The thief taught her how in some situations, it is better to be seen, rather than to be heard. The slight of hand, and the quickness, were all involved in these lesson with the Princess.

The solider taught her to be brave, to face any challenge head-on. The most important thing she learned, was to smile, and not show her fear. Fear does not breed friends, but enemies.

And the honest man, told her the truth.

Where the others had lied, and forged in her mind, that she was their daughter, the honest man showed her the power of the truth. In secret, together, the honest man and the Princess used the spell that her parents had given her. Markings along her back and legs formed. Along the left leg, a dragon tail. Like her Father. Along the right leg, a phoenix tail. Like her Mother. And on her back, angel wings. As her own kindness.

She never returned to the castle again. But kept everyone by her side. Her kindness was her downfall, but not before she turned of age. Her spirit had formed itself, and she lives on, to this day.

She reincarnates into new souls, ones with kindness, bravery, childish joy, the need to explore, to wonder everything. Someone who was quick, silent, one who did not fear, and one with an honest and fiery soul.

"I am the Guardian!" I screamed and felt my tattoos... form. My Phoenix tail extended, my Angel wings formed, into fire. My eyes lit in flames as I flew back up to the ledge and landed with a hard thud on the ground.

All eyes were back on me. And this time, I wasn't afraid.

"Tris?" Asch said as I stood before him. I straightened myself and kept a firm glance towards Asch's Father.

"I meant it!" I shouted towards him, "Try! Nothing!" His eyes were on me now, he looked scared. But I just smiled.

"Tris!" I heard someone shout as they grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them. Rhys.

My body went numb as I stared at him-he looked worried. My eyes cooled, my formed tattoos, back to normal, and my stance, weak... as I fell into his arms.

Shout out to @Lunar-Stone-Prime! Who correctly guessed what would happen to Tristian! I've been waiting for that reveal for two seasons people! WHOO!