Chapter 11-Run Aways

"You wanna do what?!" Leif shouted while we were all in my room. I was stuffing things into a backpack while the rest of them just stared at me.

"I'm leaving the castle, going outside the kingdom," I repeated, "It's not what I want to do, I need to do this."

"Tris, I think we all need to take a step back from this," Rhys said as he grabbed my hands and moved me away from my bag. "You want to leave this castle. With all of us. To go to a place that you don't even know if it still stands. A place where you or all of us will die. For what? To meet someone who claims to be your passed brother?" I looked at him firmly, taking a step back.

"It sounds crazy," I said, talking to everyone, "But I know what I need to do. We're all dying anyway. Adrion almost killed Noi, along with myself, and don't even get me started on his plan with Asch!" I was livid, and everyone knew that. "What do you think is going to happen once everything falls apart? They will find a way to Earth, and I am not risking everyone's safety. I know I can do something. I don't need you to come, but it would be nice if you would." The room fell silent, I was sure none of them would come with me. I was sure everything would fall apart. But... it didn't.

"I'm going," Asch said as he took a step towards me. It's been... several weeks since Lady Grandma decided we would no longer be allowed around each other, but after the meeting two weeks ago... She thought I proved I could handle it.

"Asch-" Rhys began.

"Me too," Leif said as he stood and came over, "You're gonna need someone to protect you from the other liars and thieves out there."

"Me too!" Noi shouted as he stood up, "You and Ava were the first people who thought I could do something good... So I'll go! For Ava!" I looked at Pierce, and he nodded with a smile. Not so emotionless anymore... All eyes turned to Rhys. He could make or break this right now, so in knowing that, I stood tall and looked confident.

"This is crazy," He sighed, "But Noi is right. Ava would want us to do this." I smiled and looked around at all of them. "When do we start?"

"Right now," I said, "It gets darker in about three hours, we don't have much time. Rhys, you need to go and get a map of Damos land from the Library. I know Lady Grandma gave you permission to go in there. Use it. Noi you and Leif go and pack up some extra weapons. Pierce get some food and throw it in a spare bag." I turn to Asch and nod. "You and I will have to distract your Father with something. Something that would get him to leave us alone tonight. That way we could all escape." I gave him that look. He knew what I meant.

"Rhys is right," Asch sighed, "You are crazy." I zipped up the bag and shoved it under my bed.

"Crazy brave," I corrected and reached my hand out to him, "You ready for the worst lie ever?"

"Not even close," Asch answered.

"We'll take care of the rest, meet back here in 3 hours?" Rhys asked and we all nodded. Asch and I waited for the others to leave before we left. We walked along the halls hand in hand, my head spinning, but I kept control. Full control. My tattoos began to hurt again, but they didn't burn this time. They were cutting into me. Like they weren't tattoos, but actually scars.

"Father," Asch said as he walked through the main doors, I was waiting outside of them. Ready for this lie to take action.

"What do you want?" Adrion shouted.

"I'd like to introduce you to someone," Asch said. I heard the hesitation in his voice. There was no going back from this, not anymore. "My fiance." That was my cue. With a pry of the doors, I open them wide and stepped through them with my head held high, holding back any blush that I could. Ava would kill me if she saw this. His Father looked craze, unsure if to believe us or not, and beside him, stood Rhal. I continued up to Asch's side, my face, emotionless.

"You two?" Adrion asked with confusion. Asch nodded. "You two are-" He stared on in disbelief. I wouldn't believe it either. He began to laugh like it was a joke.

"I assure you this is no joke," I said firmly through his laughter. His laughter subsided as I took a straight path up the steps to his throne. "I intend to marry Asch and stay in Damos. By the light of this crystal I shall live, and by the light of his life, I shall continue to love. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal," Adrion said with a narrow of his eyes, "I'll plan the celebration."

"No," I said as I turned to rejoin Asch, "I will." With that, Asch and I took each other's hands and walked outside the room. When we got around the corner we ran for it. That was insane, and I cannot believe, we just did that.

We slammed the door shut to my room and just started laughing at each other. That was crazy, and when the others find out that's what we did, they'd say the same thing.

Three hours passed, and as planned, we all met in my room. We all were ready, weapons, food, everything. I flicked the lock on the door as the guys began to toss the rope out the window. Pierce stood behind me as my breath shook, my hands resting on the door as I shut my eyes for a minute.

"Are you okay?" He whispered while placing a gentle hand to my shoulder.

"I'm fine..." I replied, "Let's go..." But I wasn't fine. I to wrap up myself during the 3 hours I waited for them. I did it over three times, and I could feel all the blood, already going through the first wrap. I was light-headed, dizzy, and I wanted to pass out. I wrapped my back and my left leg. The leg that held my dragon tattoo... if this was out it activated, it might kill me before it does...