Chapter Twenty-Eight: Morning Showdowns and Monday Throwdowns

So sorry I haven't updated! I've been trying to survive through the second phase of the teaching credential program. It's not easy, but nothing worth it ever is, right?

Anyway, here's a new chapter for you all. Hope you like it and if you do, please comment and vote (or not)...

VIVKELLER23
——————————

Rain

The Ice Queen didn't return to her post after her little confession. And though she'd had something else in mind when she begged Teagan to help her get past her aversion to being touched, she couldn't say he didn't touch her in places no one else had ever dared.

Teagan Miller knew how to get past all the barriers to find the deepest parts of a woman, and he never even lifted a finger.

He listened without interruption, with no judgement, and uncovered her tattered soul. He smiled and, try as she might to control it, her heart ran away from her. He whispered words that would have meant nothing coming from the wealthiest, sleaziest men in her world, but from him, they meant everything.

She'd asked him to touch her. But he'd completely conquered her, and the closest she'd come to losing an item of clothing in the process had been the drunken night he'd turned down her offer to take her home.

He called her a mystery, something too good for him, and completely irresistible. Was it so bad to believe it when he looked at her the way he did?

Whether it was right or wrong, the end result was always the same. She fell harder under his spell with every secret she gave away and every chip she was able to peel from his own mask. Because she understood now that they'd been drawn to one another for more than the physical sparks they set off every time they touched. They relied on each other to see the things no one else cared to recognize.

Rain smiled as she opened her eyes to the start of a new day, the sun's rays offering all the light she needed to admire the man beside her. Technically, this would be the second time she'd slept with him, though it had been completely innocent. And while she would have liked to say she knew what it was like to spend a night messing around with Mr. Hot Tee, she was content just feeling his arms around her.

She felt safe and cared for, which was something she never would have thought possible after the ordeal she'd survived at Timothy Jeffers' hands.

Almost as if he could hear her thought, Teagan's arms tightened around her, pulling her closer into his strong chest. "Good morning, Rainy Day," he greeted, his voice gruff and somehow sexier after six hours of sleep.

Rain snuggled a few centimeters closer, loving the warmth that radiated from him. "Morning," she whispered as the overconfident man in her bed chuckled. "You make one comfy pillow."

"Is that the only reason you're practically curled up on me like a vine?"

She felt heat tinge her cheeks as she realized she was a little too wrapped up on him. "You're warm."

One large hand buried itself in her hair, brushing through the tangled strands gently. "Ah, and you are definitely someone who deserves warmth, Rainy."

See? It was things like that which made her heart squeeze. Rain bit her lip and propped herself up with both hands on his chest. She stared down into his sleepy green-grey gaze, watching them slowly gain heat and awareness.