Home

The motel couch had to be the most uncomfortable thing I had ever slept on. Sleeping on the ground, out in the woods would have been better, no matter how uncivilized. I groaned and rolled onto my back, hearing the boys shuffling around in the room. It seemed one, who I assumed was Dean, had gone to take a shower.

I looked over to see Sam packing a duffel bag after having pulled all the weapons out and inventorying them. "What time is it?" I questioned groggily.

He chuckled in response. "It's about seven in the morning."

"Fuck."

"You know, if you hadn't stayed out all night, you wouldn't be so tired."

"No, if I hadn't slept on this God-awful couch all night I wouldn't be tired. I slept nearly the whole car ride."

"Whatever you want to believe, L/N."

I smiled, throwing my arm lazily over my eyes. Much to my surprise, I was looking forward to a hunt – for the first time in a long time.

---

I couldn't wait to get hunting, but was told to sit in the car. Figures. I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest and watched the Winchesters introduce themselves to the new owner of the house. She was a pretty woman, though I didn't envy her. Moving into a new house with a ghost was never fun.

I leaned back in my seat and stared up at the ceiling. Why wasn't I allowed to come in? What were the brothers hiding from her?

---

"Where're we going, Dean?" The Winchesters had been driving for a while now, and I knew they weren't looking for a diner. They had stopped outside a gas station and avoided getting breakfast as I expected. Instead, the boys had rambled on about something outside the car. Dean had reached into the backseat at one point to grab an old journal, not paying his monster friend any mind. "I'm starting to think maybe you're trying to kidnap me."

"Please, we don't kidnap monsters," he scoffed and Sam gave him an unamused glance.

"Dude."

"What?"

"You don't have to say it like that."

"Doesn't matter to me, Sam," I interjected. "I've been called a lot of things, being called a monster is the least of my concerns." Sam huffed and faced forward again, eyes training on the road in front of him.

"So where are we going, Dean?"

The elder brother didn't answer for a few moments. The silence seemed to thicken and Sam quirked an eyebrow. "We're going to a psychic's place."

"I'm sorry what?" I asked, leaning forward in my seat. "There are psychics? Like actual psychic people that can see the future or whatever?"

He hummed in response. "I don't really believe it myself. Seems like a load of bullshit, but dad seemed to trust her."

"Then why are we going to see them? Why can't we just talk to dear old papa Winchester?"

No response.

Sam sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "We should tell her Dean."

The elder brother grumbled something under his breath that sounded vaguely like a string of swear words. "Cause maybe she can pull something outta Sam's grapefruit and tell us why he's getting visions all of a sudden."

"Sam has visions!?" I exclaimed, leaning even further forward until my seat belt locked up. "Why does nobody ever tell me anything!?"

"Easy, Pongo. You'll see soon enough."