Chapter Seven

Lyra Malfoy, a woman of thirty-four years, quickly felt transformed back into being sixteen and terrified. There was something so strangely familiar about having to run down to the Whomping Willow on a full moon to stop something stupid from happening and hopefully keeping someone from getting hurt because Sirius had most likely done something stupid. 

She just hoped Severus Snape wasn't involved this time. He was annoying enough when they were teenagers, but he was the exact same person as an adult. The fact that he hadn't changed at all was the most annoying part of him. 

Not that she thought much of him once her and Remus slipped past the Whomping Willow, using the same tricks from when they were back at Hogwarts to do so. She only held a lot of confusion, worry and rage. She wasn't quite sure where the rage was pointed to yet, but she was simply preparing to yell at someone. Or hex them. Perhaps even both if she got angry enough. 

Once her and Remus entered down the tight passageway down to the Shrieking Shack, Lyra could feel her heart pounding. Sirius was down there. It would be the first time she'd seen him in well over a decade. It would feel surreal. 

But Peter was there, too. She still didn't understand what the story there was, but she believed in Sirius. He had always believed in her, so she would have to return the favor, even if she hadn't been able to help him as much as she should have. 

"We're up here! We're up here! Sirius Black- quick!" the voice of a young girl called out as they hurried towards it. Lyra supposed that was Hermione Granger, the girl Draco had been complaining so much about, the muggleborn. 

They had finally reached to the door leading into the Shrieking Shack. Remus hadn't spoken a word as they had run towards them, but his face was pale and his wand out as he covered Lyra's line of sight into the room. He broke through the door, his wand held high. "Expelliarmus!"

Lyra forced her way through once she realized spells were being thrown. She could quickly see three wands coming into Remus's grip, one from Harry and two from the bushy-haired girl next to him, Hermione. A third child, a redheaded boy (probably the Weasley boy) was lying on the ground, his leg bleeding. 

Then there was Sirius, lying on the floor close to where Harry was standing. His robes looked like they hadn't been changed in years with holes and tatters throughout it. His skin was as white as snow, his once perfect hair had become long and tangled. She couldn't see him perfectly, but his teeth looked yellow. But that wasn't the strangest thing about him.

"Why is there a cat on your chest?" Lyra asked, watching as a strangely orange-coloured cat sat on him, meeting her eyes. It looked quite intelligent, and almost like it had been protecting Sirius. Still weird though.

"Seriously?" asked Sirius, scoffing. His voice was hoarse, quite obviously not used to talking much again. "The first time you've seen me in what, fourteen years, and you ask me about the cat?"

Lyra shrugged. She didn't know what else he was expecting. She knew he was out and free, she had seen on the map where he was and who he was with. The cat was a surprise. "Well, yes. I'm confused. Why is there a cat on your chest?"

"Let's not talk about the cat anymore, Lyra," said Remus sternly, giving her a strict look. She raised her hands in surrender as he stared at Sirius, a million different emotions behind his eyes at nobody but the three old friends could understand. "Where is he, Sirius?"

Lyra could see Harry frowning, confused as to who Remus had meant. Lyra knew perfectly well that Peter Pettigrew was their target. Him and Sirius together seemed to hold all the answers they were craving. Hesitantly, Sirius pointed towards the Weasley boy, who looked bewildered.