Chapter Seventeen

Lyra had been thankful for the opportunity to go Hogwarts to watch the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Once again, being part of a high-ranking family with many connections wasn't a bad thing. Not just anyone would be given a seat without having a family member as a champion.

Also, she had only seen Draco for a week during last Easter break, and she was glad to see him one more time before summer, even if it was right before summer break. It had been almost awkward to see him again last time, which was a new thing for her. She hoped that sitting with him during the task would maybe help, if only a little.

Also, she wouldn't mind being there to support Harry. She knew he didn't have much family, and Sirius couldn't exactly show up and cheer him on. Maybe give a supporting howl from the distance, but not much more. She hoped that maybe she'd be some sort of comfort, being close to his godfather and having been well, even closer with his late father.

Lyra was sure that somebody like the Weasleys would show up to be with him as his family, and she didn't want to meddle with that. She didn't have anything against them, but she was Lucius's wife and him and Arthur Weasley weren't exactly best friends. It wasn't exactly a good starting point.

She had shown up at school only a little while before the task itself would start. She wanted an opportunity to corner the Potter boy and wish him luck, maybe even calm his nerves a bit. She knew he'd do great. He was Harry Potter after all.

The task would take place in the Quidditch Pitch, but she knew she wouldn't have opportunity to speak to him when he would walk down there. She had hoped to catch him before he walked down, considering he probably wouldn't be alone.

Lyra hid behind the pillars of the Great Hall, seeing Harry say goodbye to the Weasleys so they could go find good seats in the pitch. She already had one, she was sure. If she didn't, she'd chase one of Draco's friends off.

"Psst, Harry!" Lyra whispered, making him turn his head quickly. She poked her head out and smiled at him, waving him towards her. He smiled back, seeming happy to see her. "What are you waiting for? Come on."

Harry glanced behind him, making sure nobody could see him sneaking off to talk to his dead dad's ex-girlfriend. The coast was clear, so he crept towards her, smiling brightly. "Lyra, what are you doing here?"

"Can't I come an support you?" she retorted cheekily, reaching out to dust off the shoulder of his competition robes. "I said I'd try to come. I just wanted to say good luck before you go into... whatever you're going into."

"Thanks," the dark-haired boy grinned, looking like a weight had been taken off his shoulders. Knowing that she was there to cheer him on would really help his confidence. "I appreciate that."

The blonde looked to the side, making sure that she wasn't taking too much time from him and making him late for the third task, especially as he was in the lead (along with that Hufflepuff boy) and would be going in first. "Are you nervous?"

"Not really," he shrugged honestly. He had no idea how it'd go, but he could have been less prepared. "Hermione's been helping me prepare a lot. I'm ready, but... well, I don't know. It could go either way, I suppose."

"You're going to do wonderfully. I'm sure of it," Lyra said, trying to be as supportive as possible. She playfully bumped his shoulder. "Come on, you're not The Boy Who Lived for nothing! I'm just glad you're prepared."

Harry couldn't believe how thankful he was that she had shown up. She was the only one offering him that spesific type of support, taking away most of the little nervousness he had. "Thanks for coming, Lyra. I know Sirius can't be here and Lupin isn't here either. I'm just... glad one of you are."