Chapter Fifteen

He took his sweet time, but Sirius had finally gotten in touch with Lyra. Remus had tried very hard to convince him that she wouldn't get in trouble if he did. He had been too concerned and protective do so, until after Christmas. 

Christmas had been spent at some stupid dinner party with a few family friends. Draco hadn't come home that year, because of the Yule Ball. There was never one of those when she went to school, so she was glad he got to experience it. 

She hadn't seen her son face-to-face since September 1st, but he had seemed a bit more open in his letters after Lucius decided that being a manipulative git was not the way to have a happy household. 

Draco had mostly been complaining about Harry, as usual. Once the Goblet of Fire had drawn Harry Potter a fourth champion for the Tri-Wizard Tournament, he was convinced that the boy just wanted attention and to prove he was better than everyone else. Lyra, while quite fond of Harry, chose not to scold and comment on it, feeling like her relationship with Draco was fragile enough. 

Anyway, back to Sirius. The note he had sent had been very brief, and therefore also concerning. There was no way for her to respond as the owl he used flew away quickly and because it didn't seem like he wanted her to. 

I've been in the country for a while. Meet me at Hogsmeade Saturday afternoon (the stile at the end of the road past Dervish and Banges). Preferably before 2 o'clock. We're meeting with Prongs's offspring and his mates. Bring some clothes and food if you can spare. 
Much love, Padfoot

Lyra couldn't help but be concerned about the fact that he was back in Britain, where he was one of the main priorities of the aurors and the rest of the Ministry. If anybody were to spot him, he'd be dragged away and given the Dementors' Kiss within minutes. She'd like to avoid that. 

She was nervous about anyone spotting herself and Sirius together, especially if they were going to meet with Harry, Ron and Hermione. If the Minister caught wind of it, then she wasn't sure if Lucius could save her anymore considering what had happened before last summer. 

But she had also missed Sirius dearly. She only got to spend a few hours with him last June, but it was Remus, Snape, Peter and a few teenagers in quite an emotional situation where it was hard to appreciate just how happy she was to see him. Now, she thought it'd be easier. 

She held onto her coat as she walked around Hogsmeade in the winter cold. She hadn't walked around the village in years but she still knew it like the back of her hand. It wasn't hard to find where Sirius, in his Animagus form, was hanging around with a few newspapers in his mouth for some reason. "Hi there, Snuffles."

He teasingly growled at her before using his head to gesture to the bag she had in her hand. She opened it slightly, showing off some canned food and a pair of Lucius's old robes. His tail started wagging. She chuckled and pet him on the head. "Are we waiting for Harry, Ron and Hermione?"

He nodded his dog head eagerly. She chuckled happily, glad to be reunited with him although he couldn't say a word in return. She smiled as she recognized three heads of hair walking towards them. 

Harry was carrying a bad she supposed was filled with food from Hogwarts. She didn't Sirius had asked him to bring any clothes. He may have gotten quite skinny, but she didn't think the clothes of teenage boys would fit a man of thirty-five. 

Sirius stood up on his hind legs as he saw them approaching with his front paws on the topmost bar of the stile they were by. Harry seemed quite happy to see them, though surprised Lyra was there. "Hello, Sirius, Lyra."