Chapter 1

Gabe had left Lunar Pack on the assumption that he was going to find his mate.

When in reality, he was on a mission to investigate a pack in the far north. Leo and Eli had found a piece of paper, in Ryker's abandoned hideout, with the name Eclipse written on it.

Approaching the border of Eclipse, he stopped his truck and climbed out, slowly and without threat. Eli had made the arrangements and the Alpha of Eclipse was aware of his arrival.

As he scanned his surroundings discreetly, he noted the heavy security presence.

A bulky man approached him, "Warrior Gabe, I assume?" The man asked, standing on guard before him.

"That is correct..." He responded gruffly.

"Good, welcome to Eclipse, as you were informed, we need to do a few checks, before we allow you past the border." The man informed him, nodding his head at the two other people who had followed, gesturing for them to begin.

It was against Gabe's nature to bow in submission, even though the man standing before him was a Beta and Gabe was a Lead Warrior, he still had enough Alpha blood running through his veins, because of his parents, to emit his powerful aura.

However, knowing he was here under false pretenses and not wanting to start on the wrong footing, he stepped back and allowed the Eclipse members to search his vehicle and then do a body search.

"I am Beta Garrett." The man said, satisfied that Gabe had no ill intentions towards them, moving to shake Gabe's hand, "If you would just follow me, I will take you to the pack house."

And that is how it went, arriving at the pack house, meeting the Luna and Alpha, settling in and arranging to meet the young women under a guarded controlled environment.

He was informed, that albeit he was a welcome guest, that he had to have a guard at all times to accompany him, whenever he left his room.

Gabe and his wolf did not like the constrictions set on him. And it took all of his power to control his wolf into not attacking.

The following day, after breakfast, he was introduced to the young single women from Eclipse Pack, under the watchful eyes of the Alpha, Beta and a couple of warriors.

Over the next few days, he had observed a couple of things, this pack was a tightly knit community, security was high, their women and children were highly prized and outsiders were not to be trusted at any cost.

He had also gotten to know the Alpha and Beta better over the course of their meetings. The one thing that always stood out to him was the sadness that lurked deep in their eyes, especially the Beta's.

Instinct telling him, that this pack was in no way a danger to him, after calling Leo and updating him about the situation and getting permission to discuss in private with the Alpha of Eclipse Pack, Gabe arranged a meeting later that evening.