Chapter 13

Angel spent some quality time with Gabe's mother and Raven and whilst she enjoyed her time with them, she really felt guilty about the circumstances of Raven's memory loss.

She had retreated to Gabe's quarters, for much needed peace, her mind had been in turmoil, ever since that Raven's condition had been revealed and with Gabe being busy, she was taking this moment to reflect on the pain her brother has caused.

Staring unseeingly out towards the darkness, so many thoughts running through her mind.

Gabe entered quietly into his quarters, thinking that Angel might already be asleep, when he spotted her silhouette near the window.

Moving forward, he noted that she was deep in thought, not even registering his presence, until he placed his arms around her waist, gently bringing her back to his front, "And what are you thinking...?" He murmured against her ear.

Angel sighed, rubbing her hands across his arms, leaning further against her mate, "About my brother, Raven..." Shrugging her shoulders, "I guess just about everything going on."

"We will take it one step at a time." He responded, "Besides we have more important things to worry about."

"Oh...and what is that?" She queried.

"The fact that your mate is in desperate need of some loving..." He murmured huskily against her ear.

Blushing and shaking her head, she turned around in her mate's arms, placing her arms around his neck, "Shouldn't it be the other way around, after all...I am the victim here." She chided amusingly.

"Well...if you insist." He replied, rolling his eyes, bending down to pick her up and carry her to bed.

Laughing as she was unceremoniously dumped onto the middle of bed, with Gabe pouncing on top of her.

Keeping as much of his weight off her, Gabe gazed down at his mate, smiling happily at the sound of her laughter, brushing his lips against hers, capturing the essence of his beautiful mate, "You are the kindest hearted person I have ever known." He spoke, "Your name aptly describes you, bringing light to darkness."

Lifting her hand up to his face, "And you are my warrior, who keeps the darkness away." She huskily replied, lifting her head to place a kiss against his.

Gabe growled in satisfaction, giving his mate a passionate kiss, he would never tire of tasting her sweet essence or the feel of his mate.

Angel wrenched her mouth from his, "Make me yours..." She pleaded shyly.

Gabe looked down at her, "Are you sure?" He asked.

Angel blushed, nodding her head.