Chapter 19

The following day, while Mason remained in his quarters with Raven, Leo prepared for the arrival of the Alpha of Eclipse pack, together with Gabe and their father, Rafe.

Angel and the former Luna, remained safely nearby in a cottage, guarded by warriors.

Leo was unsure of the reception they would receive, once the Alpha of Eclipse pack was informed of the latest developments, thus choosing to keep everyone safe and only keeping warriors strategically placed around the pack grounds.

As predicted, the Alpha and Beta of Eclipse pack, did not take the news well, once informed of Raven's appearance and condition.

There was a lot of shouting and threats, but as Leo calmly explained the situation, they began to finally calm down enough, to listen to reason.

Though the Beta, insisted on seeing with his own eyes, if his daughter was truly okay.

After being assured that the Beta would remain calm, Leo ordered Mason to come downstairs with Raven. For a few tense moments they all stood there, each wary of the other, as Raven entered, by her mate's protective side, it was a stressful moment for everyone, as they held their breath and waited to see what her reaction would be.

As Raven entered the office, she gazed at the men in the room, Mason had prepared her for their arrival, looking at the two unknown men, she felt a stirring familiarity with them, but it was a fleeting feeling, "I'm sorry...I wish I could say that I know you." She spoke quietly, sadness overcoming her, as the older man before her, slumped in defeat.

Beta Garrett gave a sad smile, moving forward unthreateningly, taking her hand into his, "It is alright puppet...we will take it one day at a time." He spoke lowly, gazing first at his long lost daughter, with love and tenderness, and then to her mate, giving him a nod in acknowledgement.

"I think it's best that Raven retires to her room, so that we can discuss business," Leo spoke behind them, "And you are more than welcome to stay as long as you need." He informed them, before they could protest any further.

Both Alpha Harvey and Beta Garrett grudgingly accepted the invitation, sitting down, watching intently as Mason took Raven from the room, admitting to themselves that she seemed to be content.

As the door closed, Gabe was the first to break the silence, "As you have already been informed, we hope that we can count on you to help us bring down whomever is causing this..." He asked.

Alpha Harvey nodded his head, "We will pledge an allegiance with your pack and we want the person responsible for Raven's condition brought to justice."

"Mason will be the first in line...if he ever gets hold of Griffin, it is not going to be pretty," Leo spoke, "And I would suggest that you let him, he knows more of what Raven has suffered, than we will ever truly know."

"As long as this Griffin bastard suffers, I don't care who dishes out the punishment." Beta Garrett growled out.

"Now...we have the council behind us, as well as Eli's and Austin's pack," Leo continued with the meeting, "The moment we have concrete proof of where they are hiding, we are attacking."

The meeting continued for long hours, each one strategizing their next move, finally at the insistence of the former Luna, the men retired for dinner and rest.

As Alpha Harvey was leaving the office, he turned to Leo abruptly, "What about Raven's friend? Any news...?" He asked urgently.

"Nothing yet...Raven doesn't remember anything." Leo apologized, "Do you have a picture of her, so that we can keep a lookout in our search."

Alpha Harvey nodded, extracting a picture from his jacket pocket, "I always keep this with me wherever I go, so that I can ask around if anyone has seen her." He spoke, handing the photo to Leo.

Acknowledging the sentiment, Leo took the photo, looking down, ice forming in his veins, as the image of the woman in the photo shouted out to him, stumbling back, losing his grip on reality, as he gazed at the image.

"Leo...what the hell!" Gabe asked, reaching out, seeing his brother's face pale within seconds.

Leo could only mutter one word, "Mate..." As he continued to stare unblinkingly at the photo.

The End of Book 4

Beholden to His Mate