Chapter 23

Hello everyone! Get used to me updating more frequently! ❤️
_________________________________

"It is getting cold." Matthew said and I smiled. He was right. The night was coming along and the coldness was shaking us both.

It was very quiet which it should be as it is at night. It is like the whole world pauses for a few hours. All the birds go to sleep and the humans go home to do whatever. No one was to be seen, not even a small insect.

"You're right. We should go back." I said and Matthew just looked at me. I really wanted to touch his hair. It looks crazy good. Even if he didn't put any effort in it. I just wanted to shake it a bit and feel the satisfaction of it.

I am weird... I know.

"What?" He asked as I kept on looking at him. I just shrugged my shoulders. What was I suppose to say? That I wanted to touch his hair and feel his lips. I would sound like a crazy fan girl...

What if he thinks that I am a crazy fan girl...

"Nothing." I said with a smile so I wouldn't come over all crazy because nowadays I do. I am a total idiot when it comes to him. I embarrass myself continually and it is annoying.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck this." I said and I pulled Matthew towards me. I pressed my lips against his and for a second, fear overwhelmed me. What if he was going to push me away now? What if he is going to tell me to go away? I messed up...

I felt Matthew's arms holding my waist and he started to pull me closer to his body. He started to kiss me back and now his hands went op to my cheeks. He continued to kiss me and held me tightly. When we stopped the kiss, I looked at him in shock.

I thought that I made a mistake. I thought that he was going to reject me and probably break our friendship.

"What?" He asked with a smile. His eyes were looking into mine and they were shining. I could tell that he was happy and it truly made the butterflies in my stomach explode.

"You kissed me back." I said in disbelief. If Matthew wasn't holding me, I would have probably fallen onto the ground. Matthew chuckled softly.

"Why are you so surprised?" He asked as he bit his tongue.

"I thought that you didn't like me." I said and I meant it. I thought that he was being a good friend. A friend that was helping me out... I never thought that he would actually like me back.

"I do." He said with a smile. I could see that he was startled too. I kissed him. That's what shocked him. I know. It shocked me too.

"You don't believe me?" He asked with a smile and I chuckled softly. I think it was a bit too dark for him to see that I was actually blushing... This guy actually made me blush...

"I don't believe it is true..." I said softly as I looked at him. My eyes railed off to his lips and then again to his eyes.

Julian broke my heart. I believed him. I loved him and he broke my heart. Then a guy like Matthew came along. It was too good to be true... It was as if I was watching my own fairytale.

Matthew came closer and pressed his soft lips against mine. He turned back to look at me again.

"Do you believe it now?" He asked with a playful grin around his lips. I chuckled softly.

"I would probably think that it is a dream if you were not holding me." I said and Matthew's eyes railed off to his arms holding me. He smiled and looked at me again.

"It is not a dream." He said softly as he pulled me a bit closer. Our lips were just an inch away from each others. I looked at his lips and looked again at him.

"I know..." I said softly. I kissed him once again but just one small innocent and soft kiss. He smiled at me and so did I. Completely in love... I was in love with him.

"Can I let you go?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Yes. I will try not to fall." I said and he smiled. He let me go slowly and held onto my hand as we were walking back to his house.

The way back home was awfully awkward and quiet. Both of us kissed each other and flirted with one another and now we had no idea what to say to one another.

What if he says that it was a mistake? I will be honestly petrified.

"Aurora?" I heard Matthew ask when we were finally inside his house. I turned myself around and looked at him.

"Yes?" I asked him. My heart was beating fast and I didn't know what to expect. Both of us have been texting each other for a long time. We know each other but seeing each other in real is different...

"I don't want to overload you..." He said softly and I held my breathe in from when he started to speak. Please don't break my heart...

"I really like you and we don't have to be together now... I understand that it is a lot but I like you. A lot." Matthew said and I smiled. I felt like I could breathe again.

"I like you too, Matt." I said with a smile and I could see Matthew light up.

"Do you want to sleep on my bed?" He asked and I nodded. 

"As long as you are there to hold me." I said and I could see him smile all over again.

I swear my cheek bones are going to start hurting if we continued making each other smile like idiots.

I am not complaining though. I loved this. I needed this.

"Of course." He said with a smile.