Chapter 26

Hello everyone! How are you all? I hope everyone is okay and well! There is again another update here! Wrong Number is near to it's end and I do hope that all of you will like it! Enjoy!
_________________________________

Matthew had been acting today and he was filmed. It was hilarious. Each time he looked at me, he would burst out of laughing which was some sort of cute because I knew that he was getting nervous. I was making him nervous. I guess, it was a good sign then.

"Matt was such a disaster today." Dominic said half disappointed as he shook his head. I laughed softly as I was looking from a distance so he wouldn't know that I was watching.

"He is great at acting though." I said and I was honestly surprised by it. I mean I knew he was good because I saw the show but the way he could just switch into Alec was honestly mind blowing.

"Don't get me wrong. Tall feet is talented but he is a disaster." Dominic said and I laughed.

"I see why Matthew likes you." I said as I looked at him. Dominic acted in surprise.

"Really? He likes me. He has never told me that." He joked and I laughed again. Being with Dominic was almost laughing yourself a six pack.

"No really. You are a really good friend to him." I said with a smile and Dominic returned me the warm and loving smile.

"As a really good friend, I am proud that he has finally chosen someone that really cares about him too." Dominic said and I looked shyly down as I smiled.

"Everyone has been saying the same thing today." I said and I was literally so honoured by it too. I knew that Matthew was a great person and I wanted to be involved in his life. I wanted to be a part of it. That's why I was so nervous to meet his friends. I wanted it to be good...

"It is because they have met Esther. She was horrible to him." Dominic said and I sighed.

"Sorry. No ex talk." He said and I shook my head.

"It is not that. Everyone has been saying the exact same thing about Esther." I said.

"He hasn't told you about her?" He asked confused and I shook my head.

"I mean he has. Briefly." I said and Dominic nodded.

"Don't take it as an offence. He just doesn't like talking about her." He said and I nodded.

"I can tell. I know he doesn't." I said and Dominic gave me a reassuring kick on the shoulder.

"Come on. You know he has fallen for you." He said and I looked at him in shock. Did Matthew already tell him about our kiss? Everything?

"He told you?" I asked confused and Dominic shook his head.

"He didn't have too. He smile said enough." Dominic said proudly and I laughed softly.

"Got caught." I said and Dominic laughed.

"I will punish him later for not telling me but now it is your time with him. So make most out of it." Dominic said and I smiled.

"I will." I answered.

"Dominic on stage!" I heard one of the directors call out.

"That's my call. I will see you later if Matthew hasn't kidnapped you yet." Dominic said as he almost ran off. I laughed softly as I shook my head.

"A disaster." I said softly.

"He is funny. Isn't he?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask. I confused turned myself around to look at the person who I assumed was Matthew's ex.

She had the same brown curls and the perfect body. I have Instagram stalked her. I couldn't stop myself. It was Esther.

"Esther." She said as she introduced herself, holding her hand out.

"Aurora." I said back as I shook her hand. I gave her a small smile. I didn't wanted it to be awkward. Even though everyone told me that she was so what heartless towards Matthew.

"So what brings you here?" Esther asked. I looked at her in confusion. She was straight up.

"Excuse me?" I asked a bit offended. Esther looked at me and laughed softly.

"I didn't mean it like that. Just like. What are you doing here?" She asked as she looked at me with a smile.

"Just here for Matthew." I said and she smiled.

"And you?" I asked as I looked at her.

"The same thing as you." She said as she looked at Matthew. I would almost think that she did care about Matthew in the way she was looking at me but deep inside I knew she didn't.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused as I looked at her. I knew that it didn't make sense. I mean, they weren't together anymore so why was she still here? It was frustrating and not to mention, it was awkward.

"I mean my husband works here so why wouldn't I be here?" She asked as she looked at me with an evil grin. I gasped softly and I really hope she didn't hear me.

"H-Husband?" I stammered as I looked at her. She chuckled and held up her right hand where I saw a ring shining. I looked away from her hand.

"Esther?" I heard Matthew ask confused. I looked over at him and then he looked at me. I could see the shock in his eyes.

"Hey." Esther said as she looked over at Matthew, lovingly. I couldn't be here. I didn't wanted to be here. I took a few steps away.

"Aurora." Matthew said as he looked at me. I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't. I didn't know what to say.

I felt like everything with Julian was repeating. I knew that everything was too good to be true. Nothing of this should be easy and especially in my life. Why was I so fucking stupid?

"No." I said as I held my hands up. I shook my head as I walked away from him and Esther. On my way, I hit Katherine.

"Hey, Aurora." She said with a smile but when she saw my facial expression, her smile faded away.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded with a smile and swallowed back my tears.

"Sure." I said as I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Aurora, wait." I heard Matthew say and I closed my eyes. I sighed and opened my eyes again. I turned myself around and looked at him while Esther was behind him.

I can't be here...