Chapter 27

Hello everyone! I know the last chapter has all of you shaken up. I do want to say that this is just a story and I don't think that Esther is in this way in real life too! It is a fanfiction so just enjoy it!
_________________________________

I looked at Matthew who looked like he was traumatised by this whole situation. His eyes were almost begging me to not go but I didn't wanted to be here with his wife...

"It isn't what you think." Matthew said and I shook my head and smiled.

"Its fine." I replied with a smile. Kat stood next to me and I could see that she was equally as shocked as I was.

"I am gonna go." I said with a smile before Matthew or anyone else could say anything. I quickly walked outside and when I finally breathed in the fresh air, I felt like I could allow myself to breathe.

It was refreshing.

"Aurora." I heard Katherine say and I turned myself around so I could look at her.

"Esther always does this. Don't let her get to you." She said and I shook my head.

"Esther might be a bitch but Matthew hasn't been truthful to me." I said and I could feel the tears burning in my eyes again. I could see the confusion on Kat's face.

"He never told me that he got married with her and I didn't even know that they didn't even divorce yet." I said and some tears passed down my cheeks.

"I-I didn't knew that he didn't told you." Kat stammered and I looked down. I didn't even knew where I was going. What was I going to do? Everything was at his place and he was the last person I wanted to be with.

"It's fine." I replied back. It wasn't fine but she couldn't do anything about it. It was over. I couldn't imagine myself trying to get back together with him.

He kissed me, made me feel special but at the end of the day he lied to me just like Julian did. Why were all the guys I was with unfaithful to me? Am I so horrible to be honest with? What did I do wrong? I don't get where I went wrong with him...

"Let's go. We can go to mine." Katherine said and I shook my head. I didn't wanted to be a burden to her. That was the last thing she needed. An idiot for LA.

"You still have to be here at the set." I said, trying to make an excuse but Kat shook her head.

"I am done for the day. Let's go." She said and I gave her a small smile. She didn't even know me that well but still let me come with her...

We walked towards her car and when we were finally inside her car, I saw Matthew coming outside. I saw him looking around in panic and when his eyes met mine, a huge relief went of his back.

"Aurora!" He shouted as he ran towards the car. I looked at him with pain in my eyes but I didn't reply back. Kat started the engine of the car and she started to drive away.

I looked behind me and I could see him still running behind the car.

"Please listen to me!" He begged and I turned myself around. I sobbed softly and let the tears flow down my cheeks. I thought that we were different.

I genuinely felt like he was the one. The one I could have future with. The one I could always rely on and the one that wouldn't just be my partner but also my best friend. I was wrong about it. He wasn't truthful with me. I don't know if it was because he was holding onto Esther or if he was afraid what I would think about it.

"Hey..." Kat said softly as she touched my hand. She gave me a warm and reassuring smile.

"I just don't understand." I cried softly as I tried wiping away my tears.

"He never told me about this. Not even when we kissed..." I said softly and I heard Kat gasp softly. I think now she understood why I was so upset.

I was upset because I thought that we were legit. I thought that we were honest with each other and I thought that we could be together but all of that was crushed down now. Matthew's intentions were not the same as mine and it hurts like hell.

"You guys kissed?" Katherine asked shocked and I nodded my head slowly.

"Not that it matters now..." I said softly as I felt the tears burning again in my eyes. My voice was breaking down.

"I am so sorry, Aurora." Kat said as she looked at me. I could see it in her eyes that she meant it and that already meant a lot to me. I just smiled softly.

"I will just turn down the interview at the hospital and go home by tomorrow." I said. There was nothing for me here anymore. It was a good opportunity but I wouldn't want to live here, seeing Matthew. I couldn't do it. Kat shook her head immediately.

"No you are not giving up a lifetime opportunity for a asshole like Matthew." Katherine said and I laughed softly. Kat was the softest person I had ever met and hearing her curse was surprisingly funny.

"But-" "No buts. You are attending the interview and you will be staying at mine until you have found a place." Kat said determined. I tried opening my mouth but she gave me an look of 'don't you dare' look.

"Thank you. It means a lot." I said with a smile. Katherine smiled back as she held my hand.

"We might not know each other for long but you are my friend and I will do anything for them so this is nothing." She said with a smile and I chuckled softly.

"But still thank you." I said and she gave me an quick look.

"No thank yous." She replied and I chuckled softly.

"No thank yous." I repeated.