Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

It was 10.00 PM, we had arrived at Glen Capri Motel. The bus had pulled outside, we all piled out, with the bags that we had.

"I've seen worse," Scott tells Stiles and I as we stand in the group, looking at the old motel. Lydia and Allison stand behind the group.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles questions, his eyes widening.

That's when Coach blew his whistle. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bung of degenerates like yourselves." Coach held up some keys. "You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely."

I grabbed a key and walked back to Allison and Lydia as we watched everyone go to their rooms. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants." Coach loudly adds. "Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

"Come on," I tell the girls. Allison and I stepped forward a few times but stopped when we noticed Lydia wasn't following. "Lydia?"

"I don't like this place," Lydia tells us, her eyes scanning over the motel.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place," Allison chuckled. "Its just for a night."

"A lot can happen in one night,"

——

"Can we stop at the vending machine before we go get the towels?" I request I was beginning to get hungry.

Allison had requested that Lydia and I get some new towels because the old ones smelt like smoke. Plus, she was having a shower.

Lydia shrugs. "Sure."

We walked over to the vending machine and stopped noticing that the glass was shattered. "What the hell?" I murmured, looking at the bending machine.

I pondered whether I should just take some candy. Screw it, I'm hungry. So, I take some M&M and some salt & vinegar chips. "You're seriously stealing from a vending machine?" Lydia asks me.

I shrug and opened the packet. "I'm not stealing. I'm borrowing."

Lydia lets out a scoff and as we continued to walk to the front desk. "Right, like that's not the same thing."

"Its not, I'm gonna pay them back with my enthusiasm," I respond sarcastically and she giggles quietly. "Here, watch," we had approached to the front desk. "Excuse me?" I smiled happily. "The card on the dresser says we have a non-smoking room, but somehow all of our towels reek of nicotine. I was wondering if we could replace them?"

Lydia had placed the three towels on the desk and the lady turns around. "Sorry about that, sweetheart," her voice was scratchy and I noticed a tube coming out of her neck.

My eyes wander over to three numbers on the board, not wanting to be rude as I stared. "What's that? That number?"

"It's a kind of inside thing for the motel." The lady begins. "My husband insists on keeping it up."

"What do you mean?" Lydia asks, looking at the lady.

"It's a little bit morbid, to be honest," the lady continues. "You sure you ladies wanna know?"

Lydia and I looked at each other. Hell yeah, we wanna know. "Tell us," I tell her softly, looking back at the lady.

"We're not gonna make the top of anyone's list when it comes to customer satisfaction," the lady begins.