Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

Everyone had left and I honestly didn't feel like leaving Derek alone for the night. So, Derek let me stay for the first time in the loft. He told me I have a bedroom with I wanted, which I took.

I walked into the plain bedroom. I had a pretty view of the city and I walked over to the window, pressing my forehead against it. The lights illuminate the city.

I let out a sigh. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not sure if we have lost Stiles or not, I'm conflicted. Void Stiles is a really good trickster, he knows how to play with your heartstrings...

My breath covers the window and I backed up. I walked back downstair quickly, going to say goodnight to Derek but I noticed Peter down there too.

"You're back as well?" I question and he looked at me.

"Nice to see you too, sweetheart," Peter tells me sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and we walked towards Derek who had put down a chessboard with pieces on; the lamp is the only source of light. "What are you doing? And more importantly, why aren't you healing?"

I cringed at the deep cut that was on his upper shoulder. "Derek, you shouldn't have taken that hit for me," I told me.

He shoots me a look. "I would've healed faster than you and you've been in pain for weeks. I wasn't going to let that happen and it's because its from one of their swords. It'll heal."

Peter had walked to the opposite of the table. I stood at the end. "By playing chess?" Peter looked at him.

"Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces," Derek begins to explain as he puts the chess piece where they should be. "If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays."

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules," Peter tsked.

Derek looked up at him sharply. "What does that mean?"

Peter inhaled. "You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules. It's a fox spirit that chose to become human. And supposedly, that's something they can do only after about 100 years. If a Kitsune is an annoying pain in the ass, then a Nogitsune, which is a dark kitsune, is a freaking disaster."

Peter shrugs on a jacket. "Besides," he continued. "Chess is Stiles' game. It's not the game of a Japanese fox. Do yourself a favour, put something on that." He walked around to Derek. "Before it gets infected."

Peter had left, leaving me alone with him. I bite my lower lip, a question popping to mind. "Derek, I have a question. Why am I human if my parents are a werewolf and were-coyote?"

Derek side glances me and inhaled. "My mother took away your transformation when you were a newborn. You see; you have your wolf inside you, you've got the strength, and you can fast as a regular werewolf can. Think of it as a werewolf spirit above your head."

I let out a breath. "That's why everything's been so hyper-sensitive lately."

"You've been hyper-sensitive lately?" Derek turns to me. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I don't know," I mumbled. "With everything going on I just kind of forgot about it." I made eye contact with him. "Derek, tell me what you see with your eyes."

"A spitting image of your father," a small grin fell on his face.

I rolled my eyes. "No, with your other eyes." He sighed and inhaled, closing his eyes before opening them again, his eyes going a cold steel blue. They looked beautiful. "Now, what do you see?"

"I see a beautiful girl standing in front of me,"

"Derek," I whined out, wanting to know if there's some sort of werewolf spirit around me.

He lets out a sigh. "Okay, okay. There's a blue wolf aura around you. You're nothing like the Kitsune's if you're wondering, you're more special than that."

A small smile fell on my face. So I am something Supernatural. "Does everyone know?" He doesn't reply. "Derek, did everyone knew?"

A look of guilt said it all. "I didn't want you to get mad!"

"I'm not mad!" I exclaimed. "I'm annoyed; there's a difference."

"Look, I'm sorry," he blurts out. "I didn't want you to freak out, or, I don't know, leave."

"Leave?" I asked. Where the hell did he think of that? "Why would I leave? If I wanted to, I would've left a long time ago, you know that."

"Listen, I'm trying," he begins. "I'm trying to be a good father here, I've never done this before. I'm just trying to keep you safe."

I chuckled a little. "Derek, I'm safe." He brought me into a hug and we stayed like that for a few moments before he let go.

"Right, go to bed, you have school in the morning." He tells me, before turning back to his chessboard.

I giggle. "Now you're starting to sound like a normal Dad. Night... Dad."

He sent me a small smile. "Night, Addison."

A/N

Oop Addison and Derek <3

7 more chapters until we've finished this book ahhhhh, thanks so much for all the love and support