Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Lydia, what's going on?" Allison and I had hopped out of our vehicle, entering outside the school late at night. We had gotten a call from Lydia, telling us to get the school immediately.

Lydia didn't even get time to explain as Stiles and Scott had come. Stiles gets out of his Jeep and Scott had hopped off his dirtbike.

"Where is she?" Stiles asks Scott.

"Over here." I called them over, they walked over to us.

"Lydia?" Stiles asks as we formed a small circle outside the school.

"It's the same thing." Lydia begins, her voice wavering. "Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different and ended up here." She looked at Stiles. "And you told me to call you if there's a dead body,"

"You found a dead body?" I ask, my eyes widening.

"Not yet." Lydia pressed her lips together.

"Not yet?" Stiles exclaims, throwing his hands about. "What do you mean, not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

Lydia shakes her head. "Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we suppose to find the dead body?" Stiles argues. "You're always supposed to find the dead body."

Something caught my eye on the Beacon Hills school sign, my own eyes widening. "Guys," I cut them off from arguing, starring at the Deputy. Blood drips down on the sign, the Deputy hangs on the sign. "I found the dead body."

——

"Hey! Hey, back it up," Sheriff Stilinski was at our school, talking to the Principal and deputy principal about what happened last night. Stiles had dragged me along, wanting to listen in on the conversation, much to my dismay he dragged me along anyway.

Stiles had picked me up for school today as Allison wasn't feeling very well today. So, I've kind of stuck around Stiles as we have most classes together anyways.

Before we could run, we had been caught. Stiles and I turned around slowly in sync. "I know what you're thinking." His father continued. "I know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes..."

"Dad, murdered, okay?" Stiles throws his hands around. "Sacrificed, actually."

"I've got half the state, including the FBI, coming in on this." Sheriff Stilinski explained. "They're not getting away with killing one of our own."

"Dad, they killed Tara," Stiles whispers emotionally, looking at his father. "You know, how many times did she help me with my math homework when I had to wait at the station for you?"

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "Just, uh, get to classes, okay?" Sheriff Stilinski moves his eyes over to me. "Have you moved in all okay?"

I nodded and smiled politely. "Yup, everything's grand." Sheriff Stilinski nods his head before walking back to the principals. I turned to Stiles. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew her that well."

Stiles blinked back a few tears and sighed. "Yeah, it's okay-" I cut him off as I wrapped my arms around him, he did nothing at first but then slowly warmed up to the idea of me hugging him. He pulled me in closer, putting his own arms around me.

I closed my eyes briefly, enjoying this moment as I put my head just under his chin. He could rest his chin on my head if he wanted to, but he didn't.

The bell pulls us apart.

I cleared my throat as we begin to walk. "Um, are you going to the recital tonight for the people who had been... Killed?"