Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

It was probably the hardest thing watching the Sheriff's reaction when we had told him in his the station that his son was missing.

"If his Jeep is gone, that's where we start," Sheriff informed us strongly. "Parrish," he looked down at the new deputy. "Let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-50 Jeep. Cordova," he looked at an older deputy who stands there. "I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level or any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking."

He raised his voice. "Its the coldest night of the year so far, so if he's out there barefoot in just a t-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast. The three of you, come with me." 

——

We walked into his office after him, he closed the door behind us. "Okay," he begins. "Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell anyone out there?"

"Lydia knew he was missing," Scott informed him.

"Can she help find him?" Sheriff asks.

"Well, she's working on it," Isaac tells him.

"Anything else?"

"I called Derek and Allison for help," I tell him.

"Can you find him by scent?" Sheriff questions.

There was a knock on the door. Parrish comes in. "We got it, sir. We found the Jeep."

——

We had gone to the hospital. I frowned when I noticed the Jeep just simply sitting there. "It's dead," Sheriff informed us as he opened the door with no Stiles'. "He must've left the lights on."

"Why would he come here?" I asked, looking up at the hospital from the car park with Scott and Isaac standing behind me.

"Let's find out," Sheriff tells us.

We entered the building and my mind thought of Melissa. Maybe she knows where Stiles' is? Or maybe she has seen him?

We burst through the door soon enough, Isaac, Scott, and I burst upstairs to the roof of the Hospital, meeting Derek there.

"He's not here," Derek informed us. "Not anymore,"

"You mean the whole building?" I asked, standing in between Scott and Isaac while Derek stood a few feet away.

"Gone," Derek still hadn't turned around to us.

"I'll go tell Stilinski," Isaac tells us carefully, Scott turned to Isaac.

"And see if you can find Allison," he adds. "She's not answering her phone." Isaac nods before running off.

Scott and I jogged over to Derek. I pursed my lips together. "Notice how strong the scent is up here?" Derek questions Scott and I stood beside Derek's other side. "Ever hear of chemosignals?" Scott didn't answer. "Chemicals signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel."

I eyed Scott who inhales slowly with his eyes closed. It wasn't long before he opened them. "Stress," Scott answered.

"And anxiety," Derek added, nodding his head.

"What was he doing up here?" I wondered allowed, my eyes focused on the view that was in front of us. Buildings amongst buildings with lights.

"I don't know," Derek answered me. "But there was definitely some kind of struggle."