Chapter Thirty-Three

My chest falls heavy as I stand behind the counter at the animal clinic two days later with Scott and Allison by my side, Deaton sat in the chair. Stiles had gone to The Eichen House for 78 hours, its a place where they take all the crazies, and my heart ached a little when I had first informed that information.

"Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" I heard Uncle Chris ask over the phone.

"Only minor," Deaton informs us. "The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days," Deaton had explained to us he had poisoned Void Stiles, saving all three of us in that situation.

"But while it does work, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?" Uncle Chris questions.

"I hope," Deaton answers. "Eichen house has an unusual history. It might be all that safe for the Oni there as well."

"What's the second problem?"

"I checked with your contacts in Japan," Deaton begins. "The Yakuza boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll."

"What scroll?" Scott questioned him.

Deaton made eye contact with Scott. "A Shugendo scroll. The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan."

"A scroll had information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune," Uncle Chris explained.

"So we need to find the scroll?" I asked.

Deaton nods his head. "Exactly. And I did get the name of the man who last purchased it. Kincaid."

Allison looked at me. "He was with  Katashi; the guy who met with Isaac to buy the gun."

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself." Deaton points out.

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things," Uncle Chris explained to us. "And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on him at all times."

"What does a Shugendo scroll look like?" My cousin questions my thoughts.

Deaton then got off his chair and turned around, he walked to the draw and pulled out something scrolled up. "Something like this," he answers, coming back to us. Allison takes the scroll from his hands.

"Do these come in different sizes?" She continued to question.

"Any size," he answered, giving her a look.

Allison continued to stare at the scroll. "Then I know where it might be."

——

"My father said that all the Katashi evidence is being moved to a federal lockup by an armored car tonight," Allison explained the next day, opening up the door to our apartment and Ethan, Aiden, and Scott all merged in. "Probably within the next few hours."

We walked over to Lydia who stands there. "We're going to rob an armored car?" Aiden questions.

"Well, we're gonna try," Lydia tells him.

"This is a really bad plan."

"Its not that bad."

"Its not that good,"

We all sit around Uncle Chris' office. "None of us knows the route they're going to take," Lydia continued as stand around the office desk. "If Allison and Addison can get one Argent's GPS trackers on the armored car, then we can follow it."