Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

"Are you here for Ms. Morrell?" Stiles asks the girl who was sitting in the chair in Ms. Morrell's office. Lydia and I followed in.

"No, I thought this was gym class." The girl sasses, rolling her eyes at us.

Lydia looked at her sharply. "Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny. Do you know where she is?"

The girl gestures towards the empty seat in front of her. "If I did I wouldn't be waiting here for 20 minutes. So, how about you three back out the door and wait your turn."

"We're not here for a session," Lydia simply said.

"Well, I am." The girl continues. "And I've got some serious issues to work on."

"Hey, wait, wait," Stiles cuts in before Lydia could argue anymore. He looked at the girl. "You're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend." Heather... Now, why does that ring a bell?

My eyes widen. Oh, my God, Stiles' friend. "I was Heather's best friend." Danielle corrected, looking down at the ground slightly. She gestures again towards the empty seat. "We've been working on that issue three times a week."

"Hold on," Lydia paused them momentarily. "Did you just say Ms. Morrell was 20 minutes late?"

"And I don't know why either, she's always on time." Danielle explained.

"I was seeing her at the start of the semester, she was never late." Lydia shakes her head.

"Yeah, well then she's not late," I begin. "She's missing."

"What if we're not the only ones thinking she knows something?" Lydia asks in a whisper.

"Then I wanna know she knows," Stiles walked to the drawers of the desk, pulling out one draw and looking through.

Danielle leans forward slightly. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find her." Stiles quickly rummages around through Ms. Morrell's belongings.

"Those files are private," Danielle defends, shooting Stiles and glare.

"Yeah, she's kind of got a point," Lydia nods and Stiles looked up at her.

"That one's yours," Stiles had held out a file towards her.

"Let me see that," Lydia snatches the files from him. She opened her file and there were lots and lots of trees that have been drawn by Lydia.

"Wait, Lydia, that's your drawing." I recognised, standing next to her as I looked down.

"I know, its a tree." Lydia gestures and Danielle stands up slowly, she's now standing beside Lydia, looking at her drawings.

"Yeah, good too," Danielle compliments her.

Lydia gave Danielle a half-smile. "Thank you."

"No," I groan and carefully grabbed some tree drawings. "Its the same one though."

"Same as what?" Lydia looked over at me.

"Same one I always see you drawing in class," I recalled. I've seen her draw this tree multiple times. On the bus, in classes.

"Its a tree," Lydia says. "I like drawing trees."

"No, Adds is right," Stiles came to my side and takes the two pictures I was holding of her trees. "Its the exact same one, don't you see?" He holds them in front of her. "Hey, give me your bag." He went through Lydia's things and brought out her sketchbook. He opened the sketchbook out and flipped through the pages, literally the same trees were on each page.