9 | mates and silver

I was walking towards the pack house where the meeting was taking place with the other Alphas. My mind kept replaying the conversation I just had with Blake. I can't believe he had never told me about his feelings before. I felt so stupid for never realising it before.

I felt so much better after the conversation. Blake's apology was so sincere and I knew he regretted the kiss, which was why I had forgiven him. I didn't want one mistake to ruin our friendship. I knew Blake wouldn't let this happen again, I could tell when he promised me. I just hoped he found his mate soon.

I had made it half way across the landing when I heard a sound behind me. I looked around and sniffed the air but I couldn't smell any unfamiliar scent. Not this again, I thought.

My ears perked up as I quickly turned to see an unfamiliar, tall, dark haired man slowly approach me from the trees. I knew he wasn't part of the pack because I would have recognised him if he was. My mind flashed back to the letter that was left on my bed and the rogue attack at the lake.

As if hearing my thoughts, the man smirked and began walking closer as I took some steps backwards, "Well, well, well. Look who we have here. The Alpha's precious daughter with the special powers. Now you can come with me willingly or I have another way in mind. The rogue king has waited long enough to have his hands on you"

I narrowed my eyes at him and angrily said "you're mistaken if you think I'll come anywhere with you, you monster"

"Monster isn't my name, beautiful. It's Eric" he said as he walked closer to me.

"I don't care what your name is, you were wrong if you thought you could take me with you" I spat, as I took a few steps back.

His eyes clouded over slightly and suddenly from either side of him men appeared and I heard one approaching from behind me. Shit I was surrounded!

I began mind linking my dad when I felt a sharp pain on my back and felt blood dripping down my back.

"Sky, he stabbed you with silver!! It's spreading fast!" Sapphire warned me and I could feel our bond weaken. The burning increased and tears began to form in my eyes.

"Dad I'm surrounded by rogues. I need help." I tried to call out through the mind link but it wouldn't work because of the silver.

I felt the knife twist in my back and the pain was excruciating. Tears fell from my eyes as my vision blurred. I turned around and caught the man by surprise as he let go of the knife. I punched him, but within seconds my arms were held back by two men.

Eric came to stand in front of me and I struggled against the tight holds, but the silver was spreading fast and I knew it was a matter of time before I would lose consciousness. He pulled my head back, by my hair, and made me look at him.

"If you'd have agreed to come willingly, Jack here wouldn't have had to stab you with silver", he said, with a smirk. I snarled at him and, using all the strength I could muster, I kicked him and landed a powerful kick between his legs. I smirked as he fell to his knees in pain.

However, the other men weren't pleased as they began punching me and scratching me as I screamed out in pain. I couldn't do anything to protect myself and felt so helpless. I closed my eyes as my body became numb from the silver.

Suddenly, I heard a loud growl and the punching stopped. They were thrown off me and I fell to the ground on my knees. I opened my eyes to see men fighting the rogues. I recognised them as Dad, Liam, Blake, Chris and Andrew as well as Alphas of smaller packs.

I felt someone lift me up off the floor and pull the silver knife out of my back. I screamed, as pain spread across my back and my body felt like it was on fire. I looked up to see a pair of beautiful brown eyes, looking at me carefully.

"Who are you?" I asked as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, his delicious scent of wood and cinnamon hit my nose, causing my wolf to shiver in pleasure.

"MATE!" Sapphire, shouted in my mind at the same time he said "MATE" His deep, velvety voice brought tingles up my spine and his touch warmed my whole body instantly.

"I'm Adrian Lockwood" he replied coolly as he lifted me into his arms effortlessly. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat as realisation caused my stomach to sink. The Alpha of BloodMoon was my mate.

Fuck!

I could no longer keep my eyes open and gave in to the darkness.