The Tomato Tales

The tomatoes were having a passionate discussion in the garden.

"So, Banty, this is our last day in the garden, tomorrow we all ripen,"

One tomato excitedly stated to the one beside him.

"Have you thought what you would want to do thereafter?"

"Well, I haven't given it much thought, but I know for sure I don't want to end up inside a ketchup bottle, with all the preservatives, not very healthy, maybe in a tomato soup I guess," Banty replied.

"I know what I'd want to be," Tuki replied, "I'd want to be a part of tomato chutney, sweet just like me," she swayed.

"I'd be a part of tomato rice," Mona interjected.

"And me tomato rasam," Babai added.

"Quiet!" Puchka exclaimed, "can hear the farmer's footsteps."

Soon enough the farmer approached the small group of tomatoes in the huge orchard along with his assistant Ravi.

Picking up Banty, he closely examined him.

"Nicely ripe," he pondered aloud.

Banty beamed.

The farmer instructed, "Ravi, get the tomatoes together, first thing in the morning, we need to transport them to the ketchup house, big order coming from the new burger chain opened in town."

And thus the tomatoes learnt a little more about life's ways.