The Beginning Of The End

Ginny
I finally got Ann Lane on the phone, she had no idea what I was talking about. She saw the ad, but didn't write any letters at all or send any to the post office box. She then asked me a question as how I actually got her unlisted number? I told her it was in the letters. She asked if she could see the letters themselves. She thinks she has a Cupid amongst her friends and family. They have a bad habit of slipping men into gatherings for her to meet and date. So for her to ID them she wants to check the handwriting and the post office box number would be helpful as well.
I asked her if she could come in and talk anyway?
Ann
Well I could meet you, are you sure this guy is a good person? Will I be safe meeting him?
Ginny
He is very safe to be with believe me, but are you okay to be around him?
Ann
I haven't killed my dates and some deserved to be drawn and quartered. I do know self defense. So who are you to this mystery man?
Ginny
I am his head of security and part time Cupid. I vet all his inquiries. So far he has been on one date and it was not a match. We have more we are looking at and he is very busy for the next two weeks. So far you are in the running and think if you are interested we want to vet you for a date. I can say this he is easy on the eyes.
Ann
Let's meet and show the letters and go from there okay? No promises. Hmm easy on the eyes, well that's a plus. But is he vain? Self centered?
Ginny
None of those. He has issues with women drooling and becoming tongue tied around him. He fights off the floozies. Okay this week 9 am Tuesday? A breakfast meeting at IHOP in Pikes Plaza area.
Ann
Okay will be there.
Ginny
Oh goodness it seems like the one who I believe might be the best one has a Cupid doing the dirty work without her knowledge.
Enid
No letters again. Well looks like there is no interest from the ad guys. I thought about placing an ad for her, but I think she would give me her famous silent treatment. She would also inform our family members of my actions. The chickens will roost on my head soon.

Tuesday 9 am IHOP
Ginny
I am sitting waiting on Ann Lane to arrive. I forgot to mention what I look like though. I see a very petite lady asking the hostess a question. Good thing I told them I was waiting on someone. A beautiful auburn haired women heads my way, she has deep dark brown almost black eyes and big and bright. Score is 10 on a scale of 10. The only thing preventing her from modeling is her height. Her hair is its natural color. Her skin is flawless. Her attire is casual but nice. She has the right colors for her coloring. Nothing flashy, a simple locket with rings on either side of it. Simple earrings along with a dainty watch. Purse and shoes match, not high end. She dresses dressy casual. I am impressed with her carriage as she approaches me. She arrives and asks me if I am Ginny.
Ann
I arrive just on time and forgot to as what Ginny looked like. I ask the hostess if anybody was waiting for an Ann Lane. She points at a lady in black sitting in a private booth in a corner. Okay I know she is security, but she reminds me of the Men In Black movie with the outfit she is wearing. Lol. Her hair is styled to be unobtrusive to her face. The color is black, her eyes are blue and her age is maybe 10 years my senior. I introduce myself and ask if she is Ginny?
Ginny
That's me. Okay have a seat and let's eat first I haven't ordered yet. I take notice she is very thin, a little too thin if I was to be asked. We eat and converse in polite banter.
Ann
I am sure you have questions, but let's see the letters first please.
Ginny
First you need to sign a NDA before I can do that. My boss has everyone sign one. She pulls her own out and says myself and my boss will have to sign hers along with anyone involved. Oh holy NDA what is she hiding? I know my boss isn't hiding much lol. He really doesn't want anyone to know about his search for a wife. I guess she has her own reasons. I sign mine and take the other for him to sign. She reads and signs hers and asks for a copy please. I hand her one, since we need them a lot.
Ann
Okay the letters please. As soon as I see them I know Enid's stationary immediately. Her post office is where the P.O. Box is at. The writing is hers, I see ten letters. WTH, she was obsessed with ad guy. I read and get mad and then laugh at her audacity in a few places. I inform Ginny that my family wants me married again. They want me to give them grand babies too. She laughs.
Ginny
Don't they all want grand babies the second you tie the knot. I have twins 7 years old. My parents want more, but I don't yet. I tell them to visit the hospital nursery,  plenty there. They have volunteers to hold some of the babies as well.
Ann
I do that myself it helps them to thrive. I wrote a book just for them. All the money from the book goes to helping them. I get inspired by the babies strength.
Ginny
Well after we get everything confirmed the next step is meeting my boss. If you are interested that is?
Ann
Oh why not, just call my cell number and let me know okay.
Ginny
It should be in the next 3 weeks, he has two meeting set up already, so after those I should know if we forge ahead with meeting you. Okay?
Ann
Sure(not holding my breath on this at all) I have my own agendas. I met an editor who asked me to dinner tonight. We speak a while longer and leave to our cars. My car is is a Geo Metro convertible yellow. I love my car and keep it immaculate and running well. It is top down weather, but I didn't want to need a hair brushing out before the meeting. I get in and take the top down and fasten my seat belt and drive off with my glasses on and my hair blowing in the wind. A good song.
The night before
James
I meet my ad date at a club I own, she is cute but something is off about her. Not sure what, but security seems to notice as well. I stand to greet her and she introduces herself. Tessa Adams looks a bit older than the 28 in her letters. Her white blonde hair and green eyes looks cute together. Her attire is over the top sexy. Good thing I carry condoms with me, but we won't be using them soon. I pull her chair out and she sits and I push her chair forward. I sit across from her and wait to give our order. Just as we get finished with dinner I feel a foot on my leg, it moves slowly up my leg and it's target in site. I whisper take your foot off of me now.
Tessa
I thought we could have fun tonight. You are looking for a wife right?
James
A wife not a whore, that type of PDA is not acceptable in public forum. My parents wouldn't care for it either. I want someone who wants what I want and expects certain behavior from my wife in public. Her behavior reflects on me. Tessa I am so sorry but you and I will never be a match.
Tessa
I throw my water in his face and leave.