Chapter 7: Kalank

Meera finally entered her room, a beautifully decorated room, scented candles, almost everything in the room was draped with flowers. An open balcony allowed pleasant air to enter.
"Well, Ta-da! This is your room!" Divya said excitedly 

"And next to your room, on the right it's Aman and on the left it's Divya bhabhi, and on the other side, there is Ishika and my room, if you need anything! Let us know!" Sakshi added very sweetly

"Yeah bhabhi, in case you're hungry at night, just knock at my door!" Ishika added, at which both Sakshi and Divya laughed, while Meera just gave her routine polite smile.

"Good night bhabhi, best of luck" Sakshi whispered to her, while Ishika giggled from behind and both of them left, leaving Meera and Divya alone.

"My idea was to take all of your clothes and just leave lingerie in your room, atleast you'd get comfortable with Arjun bhaiya! This Aakash na, he's gotten too over protective of you, he forbade any of that! And so we're here!" Divya pouted

"Divya Di please! Well thank god someone as sensible as Aakash jiju married you!" Meera replied

"See Meera, I know this isn't what you ever expected, but you need to understand now, you're someone's wife, things will be a little different now, you're going to have to get comfortable with intimacy, both mental and physical-" Divya tried to explain reluctantly

"Didi, is this your sex ed for me?"Meera asked herin confusion

"What-maybe-no-I-mean-"

"Ugh Di stop, please no" Meera said laughing a little, all though the jitter's in her body increased in amplitude

"Well, I just wanna say, that you maybe older to me by relationship but I'm still older than you, and you'll still be my little sister and our relationship will always be the same! So I'm right here, to guide you and help you, whenever" Divya said placing her palms on both of Meera's cheeks. Meera smiled.

"Okay then, bye! All the best" Divya gave her a wide grin and said bye to her waving her fingers, while giggling.

With the room vacant now, Meera awaited the one and only. To calm herself a little, she walked to the balcony and held on the railing, letting the breeze hit her face.

She heard the door unlatch and footsteps, but she didn't have the courage to turn around and face the man who probably had plenty of expectations from her, who would probably demand physical and mental intimacy from her, who would probably now want to control her.

"Iss rishte mein izzat hogi, pyaar nahi" she heard a hoarse voice announce, translating to - This relationship would only be based on mutual respect and not love.

She had nothing to say to this except a sigh of relief, there really were no expectations or impositions.

"And our respect will come from the fact that we pretend to have a perfectly normal marriage in front of our families, but other than that let keep outta each other's ways" he further added

Before she could turn around, take a look at him and express her opinions, she heard the door being slammed.
He was gone.

But she, she was happy now, not jittery, something in her was given solace, he wouldn't expect anything, there wouldn't be any love involved, no emotions, no expression and no giving space to anyone else in your life. She was satisfied.
Knowing that it was someone else's bed and not hers, she took to the sofa, finally getting rid of the heavy jewellery that she wore.
_

"Good morning bhabhi!" Everyone said loudly on the long dining table, eyeing her funnily. She realized that she was bhabhi for all of them! She also realized that all of them were hoping that Meera and Arjun, had ended up having sex, if only they knew that their brother had disappeared in the night as well  Meera thought.