Chapter 44

Meera went and hugged Divya who she hadn't seen in the past one week, she was busy with rohan and nitya's wedding preparations, ending up staying at the house of either of them. She had come over to the Goenka mansion that day because Divya was responsible for the wedding attires, Rohan and Nitya were there too for their final trials. 

"Guys, please just make this the final trials, I am not engaging in any alteration work after this!" Meera declared to both Rohan and Nitya 

"After this you just alter yourself!" Rohan quipped making Meera roll her eyes. 

"Whatever, I need to go get something from my room, I'll be right back" Meera stated as Divya whispered under her snigger, "Yeah like you're husband will let you be back". Meera shot daggers at her pregnant sister and ran to her room. 

She quietly opened the door of her room, noticed the sound of the running shower and sneakily hid next to the door of the bathroom so she could loudly hoot when Arjun would come out, enough to scare him. Prank tutorials 101. 

She heard the bathroom door unlock and with all her might screamed, potentially like a ghost, the author hasn't seen one, hence can't say for sure. In return what she got was the least expected reaction, in his quick reflexes, Arjun had put his hand on her mouth, tight enough to not let her breathe and pinned her violently towards the wall, and then immersing his black orbs into hers, enough to stop the bare minimum breathing that she was succumbing to. He immediately pulled back the hands that were on her mouth. Immediately Meera remembered that she also had to breathe and gasped for breath. Arjun looked at her in surprise as Meera looked at him furiously in clear distress. 

"What are you doing here?" Arjun asked Meera, who had a frown on her face as she stared at him accusingly. 

"What were you doing here!" She said frantically between her panting, while pointing to her nose. 

"Well i thought you were an intruder, I thought I was being attacked, hence the reflexes!" Arjun explained in a sense of obviousness 

"Really! who the fuck would attack you in your own room!" She said, catching her breath 

"Why?Aren't you doing it right now?" Arjun said seductively as, he pinned both of her arms on the wall and leaned in. Their breath was mixing and probably turning into a fragrance of its own. Meera's eyes went to him. He, who was currently shirtless with only a towel wrapped around his lower torso. Water droplets were still fresh on his chest like the dew drops on flower petals at night. 

What's behind the towel?

Shut up, you don't wanna know 

"Don't you attack me like this, by ignoring my calls and texts" He said moving forward, looking into her eyes-that were currently wandering where to look-intensely. 

"I wa-was b-busy" She stuttered as she tried to succumb to his intense gaze 

"Don't you attack me like this, every time I am left alone to sleep on this bed?" Arjun said, moving more forward, this time ensuring that she looked at him as she continued to pant. 

Sleep alone? Does he mean the past one week or in general? wait, is he talking about coitus!

"I-it's only be-been a week, you know" She stuttered 

"Don't you attack me like this, with the redness of your cheeks, the stuttering, the numbness" Arjun said, this time his nose touched hers. 

"I must be something right, if I've brought the great Meera Arjun Goenka, on her knees" he said moving even closer, his lips, inches apart from hers. Her knees did feel wobbly but he meant it metaphorically