Chapter 33

"What! How! where are they!?" an over wrought Arjun asked 

"City Hospital bhai!" Aman replied with the same distress

"Oh god, Aman, do one thing, go home with Meera, I'll call myself and leave for a cab from here" Arjun said anxiously 

"No Arjun!" Meera said. Aman had already bought her the clothes from home that she had changed into. "I am coming with you, I am not going anywhere!" Meera declared

"Meera look at your dishevelled condition, you're exhausted! You can't come there" Arjun reasoned

"Arjun please I am exhausted to argue, I am coming with you that's it! and aman, don't tell anyone about what happened today, there is already a grave situation at hand" Meera said in a very low voice. Arjun didn't argue any further. 

They walked into the hospital, Meera had her dupatta wrapped around her tightly, and Arjun's shadow always on her in case she needed any support. Her injuries weren't treated yet. 

They reached the operation theatre where they saw a worried Aakash with bandages and cotton on his face and arms. 

Meera was going to run towards him but Arjun stopped her. 

"Meera, if we are going to pretend like nothing has happened, you have to maintain your distance, your face is bruised" Arjun whispered, Meera nodded. Arjun went and hugged Aakash as Meera stood by the corner. 

Sudha chachi and Aravind were also standing there, while pratibha and shantanu were sitting on the chairs with a very worried expression. A doctor came out of the operation theatre. Arjun immediately got up and rushed to her. 

"I am sorry Mr. Goenka, we couldn't save the baby" the doctor informed them. Everyone was horrified over there. Aakash almost broke down into tears as Arjun hugged him tighter. Meera took a step back and clashed with the wall. She was blown. She was very excited for Divya's kid, sometimes even more than Divya. She put a hand on her mouth and flinched when she realized that her face was burning but she didn't say anything to anyone. She looked away letting tears stream down her face. 

"Mr. Goenka, there is one more problem, Divya has lost a lot of blood and her blood type is O negative and right now we don't have any donor either" the doctor announced

Aakash ran his hand through his hair and looked at Arjun worriedly. 

"What will we do now bhaiya!" he said, distraught, he scanned the room and his eyes fell on Meera, standing at the corner, she looked pale and limpid but in that situation no one would realize it. 

"Meera! Meera can give her blood! Meera is o negative too!" Aakash exclaimed, Arjun thought for a moment and interjected. "Let me go talk to her" Arjun announced as he walked towards a devastated Meera. He took Meera to a different corner with him as he called up someone else. 

"Blood tranfusions! have you lost it! Arjun she is on the verge of a nervous break down! we couldn't even do blood sampling! Arjun, exertion like this can cause a seizure or worse coma!" Sapna screamed at him from the call. 

"What's the matter, why are we waiting here, Arjun I need to get the blood transfusion to happen! Di is critical Arjun!" Meera cried out. She was shivering while sweating profusely. He held her with his hands, "Meera no! you can't do it! you can't take the risk of it! didn't you hear what sapna said!" 

"Sapna's sister is not critical, my sister is!" Meera said trying to leave. 

"No Meera, you will not do it!" Arjun warned her, "I will not allow it, you can say yes or no, doesn't matter, I will not allow it!"