Chapter 30: Hey there Delilah

The wind hit Meera's face as she looked out of the window and smiled, humming the tune. 

hey there delilah 

what's it like in New york city 

i'm a thousand miles away but girl

tonight you look so pretty 

yes you do 

"Times square can't shine as bright as-" Meera hummed along, suddenly they heard the sound of a notification and the music stopped. 

"Oh shit, my phone is dead" Arjun announced as he changed the gear of his car

"Arrey! Why do you forget to charge your phone, it's my favourite song!" 

"You finish my battery every day by playing songs on my phone! Just use your phone for today no!" Arjun retorted back 

"My phone does nothing but call and text okay and if you're gonna say 'oh get a new phone' then let me remind you, I am an architect not the CEO!" Meera quickly replied "Ruined my favourite song" she muttered under her breath "Now it's gonna be stuck in my head the entire night!" Meera said out loud waiting for Arjun retaliation. Arjun just sat their looking at her in amusement. 

"Why do you whine for everything?" He said smiling waiting for another battle of words to begin 

Meera gaped at him, "I don't whine for everything!" She got defensive 

"You do, see, right there, those lines on your head" Arjun said his eyes still darted on the road

"Haw! You are Mr. Grumpy, those lines are on you

"Hey there delilah-what's it-tch" She tried singing to get the tune right since it was stuck in her head. 

"Hey there-tch" She rolled her eyes on another unsuccessful attempt

"Hey there delilah, What's it like in new york city, I am a 1000 miles away but girl, tonight you look so pretty, yes you do" Arjun sang softly in the perfect tune, Meera turned to him and grinned at him in amazement. 

"Oh my god!!!" She exclaimed 

"Times square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true" Arjun added another lines softly with a repressed smile 

"Woah!!!! Omg, I had no idea you sang so well!!! Woahhhh, oh my god!!!" Meera screamed in amazement 

"Another thing that I am better at, than you?" Arjun smirked 

"Oh god it's not a competition and you can be good at all the other things Mr. Goenka but chess isn't one of them" Meera smirked as Arjun sighed. 

-

Arjun zipped his big suitcase while Meera zipped her smaller bag of clothes. His phone rung, it was a call he couldn't avoid, 

"Meera please can you check if my towel and night clothes have come back from the wash, I really have to take this call" he requested and Meera obliged as she went out of the room and came back with a bundle of clothes in her hand. Arjun was done by the call then. 

"God this is such a big suitcase, it's only 7 days, why are you fussy" Meera sighed as she handed him over his towel and night clothes. Arjun stooped his shoulders down and sighed. 

"Can you go one day without your anecdotes?" Arjun said nodding his head, as he placed the clothes in his suitcase. 

"Oh please, on days when I don't offer my expertise, I get things like, 'Why are you so indifferent' , just accept it, you can't do without my criticism" Meera quipped as she entered the bathroom. Arjun smiled to himself, yes she was right, he couldn't do a day without the battle of words or a fun banter.