Ally

"Lex are we still having lunch?" Ally asked from near the front door. "Sure thing Als" Lexie replied, appearing from the bedroom in some trousers and a bra. "See you later" Ally smiled, opening the door. "Yeah see ya" Lexie replied with a smile.

Ally entered the building and headed to her floor. She saw a few people from her class along the way. She smiled at them as she walked. Ally got to her classroom and entered. "Morning Simon" Ally said politely.

"Ah, morning Ally. I skimmed through your work you submitted yesterday. Great work from what I saw" Simon smiled as Ally dropped her bag at her chair. "Thanks" Ally replied, moving a strand of her hair behind her ear. A few minutes went by and the classroom filled up with students. Ally looked around the room with her eyes as she sat by herself. All the other students were talking to each other. Some in small groups, others in bigger groups. Every student except Ally was talking to someone. "All right settle down you lot" Simon announced, turning away from his computer to look at his students.

"Right, this morning I have something for you all to do. If you check your emails, I have attached something I want you all to do. It's straight forward but it will take most of you up until lunch time I'm afraid" Simon revealed. Some of the students were mumbling, not too pleased with the news. "Don't worry, I have something more exciting for you all to do this afternoon" Simon added.

His students fell silent again. "At lunch I want you all to go out and take some photos. It can be of whatever you want" Simon smiled. "Really?" One student asked excitedly. Simon nodded, causing everyone to talk excitedly.

"You all have been working very hard lately and I feel like you've earned an afternoon of a bit of freedom. You can work with others or by yourself, it's entirely up to you" Simon explained. "What if we don't have our camera?" A student asked.

"Well I would have thought everyone would have their cameras since this is a photography class. Anyone without their camera today though, can use your phones if you want. It's up to you. If you want to just go home, then go ahead. This isn't a task, just an opportunity to practice some photography" Simon told his class.

Some of the students whispered excitedly. "Anyway, let's get some work done first" Simon stated before turning back to his computer. Ally turned to the computer beside her and got to work.

Lunchtime came around and Simon's students hurried out of the classroom. Ally slowly packed up her things. "I've never seen a group of people leave a room so quick" Simon joked, shaking his head. "To them, they've just been given the afternoon off" Ally smiled. "At least they don't think I'm heartless" Simon replied with a smile. Ally smiled back, standing up and picking up her bag.

"Have you thought much about the competition?" Simon asked. "Not really but I'm looking forward to it" Ally replied, wandering over to Simon's desk. "Well I know you will be thinking about it sooner than everyone else. I assume you will be partnering up with Lexie?" Simon pointed out. "Oh uh, y-yeah" Ally replied softly.

"You know, I've never known anyone quite like her" Simon said. "That's Lexie" Ally smiled. "Well, she certainly loves to spend her time with you" Simon added. "So do I" Ally replied, smiling softly. "I'll see you tomorrow Simon" Ally said as she turned and headed towards the exit. "Yeah see you tomorrow" Simon replied.

Ally wandered along the street with her camera in her hands. She took a few pictures of some signs on some buildings before putting the strap over her head so the camera hung from her neck. She smiled when she saw Lexie walking over to her with a smile. "Hey Als, what you up too?" Lexie asked.

"Simon let us go so we could take some photos to sort of relax a little from all the hard work we've been doing" Ally replied. "You've got the afternoon off?! Let's go do something!" Lexie exclaimed excitedly.