nightmares

It's my one year anniversary for the first chapter of this book! Yay! Summer is right around the corner and I will do as I did last year. Say I'm gonna write a whole lot but actually I don't write a single chapter.

I haven't been sleeping much lately since it never gets dark enough outside. So this is my sleep deprived brain trying to plot. I did not edit it and that stuff. Sorry I just can't be bothered.
Love K.a.t

"Peter you need to go to bed" tony said as he watched the teen collapsing between himself and pepper.
"No" Peter mumbled.
"Why not?" Tony asked
"There's a spider in my room" Peter said. Tony knew this was not the case and he tried again. And again. Though what he didn't know was the real reason behind the lingering.

Peter was a superhero. He was a superhero in one of the United States largest and most dangerous cities. He had seen some things. Things most 15-year olds should not see. He had seen blood shed on pavement. He had seen crying children in burning buildings. He had seen young men being stabbed and he had seen girls who've been raped. being a superhero wasn't all helping old ladies with directions or getting a lost cat down from a three.

Sometimes being a superhero meant thinking if there where good in the world. It meant pain and suffering. Not just to him but everyone around him. He was a hero and as all other heroes he had nightmares.

Nightmares was for him as painful as getting shot. Though he would probably prefer to be shot than hours on hours of nightmares.

Every night he tried finding excuses to shorten the recommended 8 hours a night.

It was a Friday night. Most of the avengers was out on a mission leaving Tony, pepper and Peter home alone. They had just finished watching the movie Good Will Hunting. It was a classic and all three enjoyed it. When the word bedtime was brought up.

Peter felt his muscles tense at the thought of going to bed.
"No" the Andes dreading what was doomed to happen.
"Why not?" Tony asked. Peter wrecked his mind for an excuse. Just Something! His eyes scanned the room and he found a picture of himself in the spider suit.
"It's a spider in my room" he said.
"And you are expecting me to believe that?" Tony looked at his son and noted genuine fear in the boy's eyes.

"Dad, please. Five minutes?" Peter begged.
"No peter. Remember? Banner said you weren't sleeping enough. You need to go to bed before it gets too late" tony said

" No" Peter said plainly. He was about to give up. It wasn't any point in arguing.
"You know what?" Tony said
"What?" Peter answered.
"If you hurry, I'll come and say nighty before you fall asleep" tony smiled.

For some reason soothed those word Peter enough to get up and into the bathroom. He was done in no more than five minutes. Then he headed for bed thinking of t would be best to shower in the morning due to all the cold sweat that follow with the nightmares.

Well into bed he waited for his dad to come. It didn't take long before tony sat at the age of the bed.
"Peter, I know something have been bothering you lately. So please spit it out" the older man said looking directly into the boy's chocolate brown eyes.

"I have been having some dreams" Peter said slowly. Almost like he was speaking in slow motion.
"What kind of dreams?" Tony tried.
"Bad ones" Peter said
"Ok, tonight you can sleep in out room. Though I think we should get someone you could talk to?" Tony's announced and Peter nodded. The next morning Peter woke up more Refreshed than he could remember.

Sorry