~ Chapter - 42 ~

Amira is in her cabin at Fashion House going through the files which have details of upcoming months but her mind is wandering continuously without giving a break, it has been a month since she is back to California, which has become her home from past eight years. She wanted to come back even before that itself but got delayed as her mother requests to stay back until her brother's wedding and she couldn't deny it as somewhere in her heart she enjoyed attending functions which she missed all these years as she was unable to attend them due to pain, anger and hate that was churning in her heart due to her past.

Once she was one week away to move from Kolkata which gave her nothing pain and lost her loved ones, she handed the responsibility of new branch of Kiara to Rishi Srivastav whose family is in Kolkata itself, handed Fashion house responsibility to Nandini and Kavya while Orphanage and Social trusts are handled by Sophia along with her adopted daughter Angelina. She bid adieu to Kolkata and promised herself not to return there until and unless it is necessary and that to only for professional purposes but she made sure to keep an eye on her enemies so that they will not plan anything against her. She was pulled out of her thoughts by the knock on the door and she called the person in only to see Hadrian.

"Rian, what a surprise? How are you and everyone?" Amira asked standing up from her seat and moved around the desk to give him a hug.

"Ira, I and everyone are fine, I came to know from Thomas that you are back so I wanted to surprise you by visiting you, so are you free?" Hadrian asked her.

"Yep, I have only one meeting more then I'm free for the night. Why do you ask?" Amira questioned.

"We all planned to have dinner outside with you as it has been a long time also we wanted to spend time this weekend together," Hadrian said and Amira squealed.

"I would love to, wait for me and send me the text of the address I will reach on time," Amira said and Hadrian was going to say something when Anshuman interrupted them.

"Excuse me, Mam, Mr Mittal is here for the meeting, he is in the elevator," Anshuman said.

"Bring him to conference room Anshuman and ask Joe to arrange the refreshments in the hall, I will be there in two minutes," Amira ordered and turned towards Hadrian with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Rian, I need to attend the meeting, text me the address I will be there," Amira said.

"No problem Ira, I was going to leave see you at dinner," He said kissing her forehead and walked out while she moved to the conference room and settled herself in the head chair with a coffee and when she heard the sound of door opening she looked up to see the person and seeing him she was shocked because she remembers the first time she met him at the airport who accused her of being a normal girl who flirts with rich boys which annoyed and angered her, her ethics stops her mix personal and professional life so she kept quiet about it also she never guessed he is a businessman, she recovered from her musings before he can observe her unmindfulness and from the way he is dealing the proposal she is impressed with his professionalism.

"Ms Khurana give me three days and I will let you know after having a discussion with my lawyers and board members to know what they think of it if it is feasible for you," Yuvaraj said.

"I'm fine with it Mr Mittal and I would like to discuss points with my legal team too, so let's meet at Blue Moon on the fourth day for lunch," Amira said and he nodded his head and both shook their hands.

After that, they parted ways and Amira got ready in her suite which is connected to her office for going to dinner with her friends. She reached the restaurant and went inside where one of the hotel staff directed her to the reserved table where already her friends were present.