TwentyEight- Remus

The atrium of the ministry of magic. That's where we are

we're about to make our way to the department of mysteries until we hear a voice "wait!" says the voice, a voice that's all too familiar, the voice of Sirius Black.

"You go I'll deal with Sirius" I tell the others and thankfully they oblige "Sirius, what are you doing here?" I ask, a hint of anger in my voice "I told you I couldn't sit idly by while my godson risked his life. I waited and then I left because I simply couldn't bare it and what if that was the last time I saw you?" replies Sirius, his words hurt my heart

"Don't talk like that" I say, he sighs and grabs my shoulders "I'm just being realistic, Remus, you lost me once and didn't get a goodbye I didn't want that to happen again, I couldn't live with myself knowing that I let you walk to your own death without saying I love you one more time, without feeling your lips against mine once more. Not only that, but how could I live with myself if I sat there waiting and Harry died for me because he thought I was in danger. Remus you know I can't do that please just let me help" replies Sirius

My throat tightens at his words. He's right, he can't just sit by on the basis of hope that we will be ok when no one can promise that. It'd kill me as well so eventually i heave a great sigh and nod slowly

"I guess you're right" I say, he relaxes slightly and i can see relief wash over him "well we best catch up with the others, you've got a godson to save" I continue, he smirks and I turn to leave but he grabs hold of my arm and pulls me back towards him "Sirius" I warn but he silences me with his lips upon mine. I melt into the kiss for a prolonged moment before we pull away "just incase it's our last" says Sirius, a pang of hurt hits my chest and i stare at him sadly. "Just incase I do die make sure you don't mourn me forever, look out for Harry for me, marry someone nice, have a few kids. Live life, Remus but never forget me" says Sirius. He's trying to kill me before the fight begins I swear to god. "And you do the same for if I don't make it. Find someone else to love, live life" I reply.

"Hey, I love you" says Sirius, kissing me once more "I love you too" I reply kissing him back. I'm content with those being my last words to him. We both turn and head for the department of mysteries. The game is on.

We get there just in time as we find Harry seemingly fighting death eaters on his lonesome, obviously joined by members of the order but if he brought anyone else with him they aren't here.

Sirius joins Harry and I can hear him from where I'm dueling someone. I catch a glimpse of him punching Lucious Malfoy "not my godson" says Sirius and I smirk, ever such an arrogant asshole. He has a quiet conversation with Harry that I can't quite hear until he takes on two death eaters, Harry then joining in the duel

"good work, Harry!" I hear Sirius praise Harry and a smile threatens to tug on my lips, I'm not really watching Sirius as I have to keep watch and concentrate on my own duel but he's kinda hot when he duels.

"Nice one, James!" I hear Sirius shout, i look over momentarily and the time I do a green jet of light shoots right at Sirius. No.

He freezes, smiling at Harry and he falls into the veil. Dead.

I grab Harry whilst Sirius' murderer, Bellatrix Lestrange, runs away, I hold the screaming, pleading, crying Harry in my arms, preventing him from doing something he'll regret, fighting my own grief as i do so.

Sirius Black, the love of my life is dead and I can't comprehend it "He can't be dead!" Harry exclaims "SIRIUS! SIRIUS COME BACK!" Harry screams. My throat tightens but apparently my grip loosens as Harry wrenches himself free and runs after Bellatrix.

I crumple onto the floor and look at the veil. Part of me is begging for him to come back, hoping my eyes were playing tricks on me that he's going to emerge any second from behind the veil and engulf me into one of his breathtaking kisses but he doesn't and deep down I know he won't.

His words replay in my head

Just incase I do die, don't mourn me forever.

Look after Harry.

Marry someone nice

Live life

Have a few kids

Don't forget me.

as if he can here me i murmur "I will never forget you, Sirius Black" under my breath as if I'm keeping my promise.

Someone's hand is on my shoulder, I look up to see Nymphadora Tonks "Hey, it's ok" says Tonks, I get up and shake my head "let's go kick some death eater ass" i say, my bloodlust growing stronger by the minute

"looks like the hogwarts students beat you to it, let's try and find Harry, he must have taken this like a bullet to the chest" says Tonks, i nod and follow her lead.

We end up back in the atrium and I seem engulfed in grief again but it doesn't manage to consume me entirely as I see Harry struggling against what seems like nothing at first before he emerges. Lord Voldemort.

I don't know why but this makes me realize how much I need to be there for Harry. From now on, like i pledged to Sirius, I will do whatever I can to keep Harry safe, until this war is over, even if it kills me. I'll protect him, for Sirius.

THE END

_____________________________

Hello there my lovelies!

I'm really sorry for how this ended Ik it was sad but like it was the only idea I had, please don't hate me.

anyways, I'll have an authors note up after this chapter for you to find out more about other fanfics bc that's all i seem to do in lockdown is write fanfics lmao

thank you for all your love and support i love you all

have a beautiful day you wonderful specimens :))

stay safe, smiling, wonderful, strong and rainbow my loves

i adore you

all my forever love, Blue xxx