Chapter 13: Discoveries

Angel's POV:

I watched as the whirlpool intensified. It came closer and closer to us. "Angel, what have you done?!" Charles cried. "It was an accident!!" I cried. I looked down at my hands. Another side of me took over when I touched that statue. The whirlpool came over to towards me. It was too fast for me to escape it. I it my hands out and braced for it to hit me. But I felt nothing.

I opened my eyes and saw that the whirlpool was still spinning but it wasn't moving. "Angel....you're controlling it." The king of the Bermuda pod said. I looked down at my hand and used my powers to make the whirlpool move around. "This is incredible. Angel is powerful." The king said. "Angel, try to make it stop." Grace said. "I-I can't. It won't stop." I said. I tried to make the whirlpool call but it wouldn't.

The only thing I could do was move it around. I looked over at another statue. Hmm....I wonder.... I began to move the whirlpool over to the statue. As the whirlpool got closer to the statue, it began to shrink. I placed it on top of the statue. "Good Angel." Joel said. "Angel, your necklace....it's glowing." Ellie said. I looked down at my necklace. It was glowing. "Angel put it on the statue." Charles said. I looked at the statue.

I placed my necklace onto the platform and we heard low rumbling

I placed my necklace onto the platform and we heard low rumbling. Then the ground began to shake violently. Then the ground opened up. I looked down but saw nothing but darkness. "What's down there?" Charles asked. The king of the Bermuda pod shrugged. "This has never happened before. I didn't realize there was something down there. That necklace...it's an ancient relic necklace." He said.

He looked at me. "Angel how did you obtain it?" He asked, curiously. "A woman gave it to me." I said. "The only one who should have the necklace Queen Amber. She had it on her when her sister trapped her." He said. He swam closer to me. "So how did you really get it?!" He asked. "A woman gave it to me. I swear." I said. Just then, we heard a loud humming.

We all looked over the edge and into the deal abyss. "It's coming from down there." Sumi said. "Send Angel inside to figure it out since she's the one who did this." Kayla said. "That's actually not a bad idea." Charles said. "What?! I don't want to die." I cried. "Angel, we'll be right behind you." Joel said. I looked down, took some deep breaths, then swam into the dark abyss below.

I looked behind me and sure enough, everyone was behind me. I shook my head and swam deeper into the darkness. My mermaid eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness, allowing me to see perfectly clear. We swam around til we came to an even larger whirlpool. It was surrounded by smaller whirlpools. I gasped. "Whoa." Joel said. "That's the famous whirlpool that Queen Amber is trapped in." The king said. We swam closer to it.

Then we heard a gasped. "Whose there?" The voice called. We all froze. "Answer me. Who is there?" The voice asked. I immediately recognized it. Mama? I moved closer. "Angel no. If you go in the whirlpool, there's no telling you'll come back out." Grace said. "Exactly. Plus the mermaid who created the whirlpool is dead. Only she can stop it. Her whirlpools are extremely dangerous. Their impossible to escape." Ellie said.