Chapter 10: On Land

Joel's POV:

"Oh boy." Grace said. We walked as Dad took Angel and Kayla away to the palace. "Damn. Angel got hands. You see how her hits connected to Kayla's face?" Kyle said. "Kyle this isn't the time for that." Ellie said. "I'll go see what's up." I said. I swam to the palace and headed inside. I looked around and saw Kayla's white hair. I swam over and heard my Dad talking to the girls.

"Fighting?! Really? I expect this kind of behavior from Kayla but from you Angel?" He said. "She started it." Angel said. "How?! You hit me first." Kayla said. "Because you brought up my abusive Mom." Angel said. "Look, I don't know if you two have a history of being enemies but don't fight. Kayla, I don't know if you realize, but Angel is connected to the wall." Dad said.

"So what?" She said. "So we keep Angel happy to prevent the wall from cracking any further. Until Angel figures out a way to fix the wall, you be nice. I already don't like you so don't push it. Unless you wanna he banished." Dad said. Kayla gasped. "You're not serious." She said. "Remember what happened to your uncle." Dad said. It got quiet. I quickly swam out the house and over to the group.

"Well?" Ellie asked. I turned around and saw Angel and Kayla swimming out of the house. Angel came over to us while Kayla swam away. "I cannot stand that bitch." Angel said, glaring at Kayla. "No one likes her. She thinks she's better than everybody just because she goes on land." Grace said. "Look can we just get started with my training?" Angel asked.

"Uh sure. What do you wanna learn first?" I asked. "There's more than one thing to learn about?!" She exclaimed. "Angel, Babadors are no joke. Those things are really tough." Grace said. Angel groaned. "Fine." She said. "Wait. Before we train, what's it like on land?" I asked, curiously. She stared at me. "We covered this numerous times." She said. "Well I wanna go." I said.

"Joel no. Your Dad will kill you." Kyle said. "I'll deal with him." I said. "Remember what happened last time we went close to the mainland?" Sumi asked. "He's busy. Besides, he'll just think I'm out training Angel, which I am. We're just going to the mainland first." I said. I looked at Angel. "Shall we?" I said. We swam out the gates and into the open ocean. We all took off speed swimming towards the mainland.