Chapter 16: Big Decision

Joel's POV:

We all watched as Queen Amber used her powers to create a brand new wall. But only one half of it was created. Amber struggled to create the other half but she couldn't for some reason. So Angel created the other half. The wall was complete. Then it shattered all over again. They both created another wall but it also shattered. "Why is that happening?" Grace asked. "I think I know." Amber said.

She looked at Angel. "You have to leave Angel." She said. "What? No. I wanna stay and help clean up." Angel said. "No. The wall is too perfect. Two powerful royal mermaids in Oceania. The wall cannot take that much protection." Amber said. "So what? One of you has to leave?" Grace asked. "Yes. But Angel, you know nothing about ruling." Amber said. "So what? I go back home on land?" Angel asked.

"Yes. But Angel.....you cannot come back to our world." Amber said. I looked at Angel. "What? I have to give up being a mermaid? But this is the best thing that's ever happened to me." She said. "Angel? I'm sorry. But the balance for the wall and me and you is unstable. The wall won't survive if we're both here." Amber said. Angel began to cry. "I don't want to leave." She said. "No no no." Grace said.

She and Ellie hugged Angel. "Your Highness, there has to be another way." Dad said. "I'm sorry but it has to be done. I'll miss you my babygirl but you can't stay. One day, I will die and the wall will break again. Charles and them will upon you again. And you'll be back and put the wall back into its stable place again." Amber said. "So I have to give up the world I've grown to love and live in the world I hate?" She asked.

"Yes. Angel I'm so sorry. I know this is a big decision but the wall is unstable and unbalanced." Amber said. She hugged her daughter. I couldn't believe this. Angel has to leave in order to protect us. "So I won't have any memory of being a mermaid or my friends?" Angel asked. "It's the only way to protect you. And Oceania." Amber said. Angel slowly nodded. "Okay. Fine." She said. I kissed her. "I don't want her to go." I said.

"She has to Joel." Dad said. I hugged Angel. We all swam back to the mainland. We surfaced and watched as Amber used her moon ring to change Angel back into a human. Then Angel was knocked unconscious. Amber began to cry. "Oh my babygirl." She said. She swam Angel's body over to shore. Then she conjured up something in her hands. I looked at it. It was a lit candle in a jar.

"Angel, I know you're asleep and when you wake, your memory of our world will be long gone but they'll be locked inside this jar

"Angel, I know you're asleep and when you wake, your memory of our world will be long gone but they'll be locked inside this jar. When I die, you'll know. You'll feel it. As soon as I die, open the jar and everything will come back to you. Your tail, your powers, your memories of our world, everything that's ever happened to you will come back." Amber said.

She kissed the jar and kissed Angel's forehead. Angel's forehead glowed. Amber's tears fell onto Angel's face. Then we swam away and that was it. We swam all the way back to Oceania. I went straight into the palace and upstairs to my room. I cried in my pillows for hours. I wanted Angel back more than anything. I didn't care if the wall breaks because of two powerful Royal mermaids.

I wanted my Angel back. I stared up at the ceiling of my room. I didn't sleep at all that night. I swam downstairs and out the door. Queen Amber's waves to everyone in Oceania. They also cheered for Dad and Kianna. I stared at Kianna. I hated that Dad got to stay with his soulmate but mines had to be back home. "Prince Joel!!" Someone called. Amber, Dad, and Kianna turned around and looked at me.

"Come on Joel. Let's take some pictures." Kianna said, smiling. I glared at her then quickly swam off towards the gates. I flicked my tail and took off speed swimming. I was so angry. I swam all the way to the moon pool at Mako Island. I swam straight in and surfaced. I saw Grace and Ellie. They turned around and looked at me. Both of their faces were red and puffy.

"Have you guys been crying too?" I asked. They nodded. "We miss Angel more than anything." Grace said. "Me too. I didn't sleep at all last night." I said. "Neither did we." Ellie said. "Forget this. I'm going to go live on land with Angel." Ellie said. "Yeah me too." Grace said. They both dived into the water. I followed them. The three of us all swam back to the mainland.

We surfaced and saw Angel standing on her balcony looking out at sea. "What are you kids doing?" Someone asked. I turned around to see my Dad. Queen Amber and Kianna was behind him. "King Charles, I'm sorry but we're gonna go live on land with Angel. We miss her too much." Grace said. "Don't worry. I decided to change Angel back." Queen Amber.

We looked at her. "I missed my baby. I missed her whole life. I wanna spend time with her. So I'm gonna open the jar and let Angel hey her mermaidness back." She said. "But I thought you-" She cut me off. "I know what I said. The wall is strong enough to put up with one of us. So me and Angel have to take turns being at Oceania." She said. Me, Grace, Ellie, and Amber swam to shore.

"Joel...you have legs!" Dad said. "I'll deal with my punishment later on." I said. We looked up to see Angel was gone. We walked to the front door and knocked on it. Angel opened the door. "Umm my Mama isn't here. In fact, I don't know where she is." She said. "We're not here for your Mom Angel. We're here for you." Amber said.

"What?" Angel asked. "Do you have a jar with a lit candle in it?" Amber asked. Angel stared at her. "How did you know? Did you give me this?" Angel asked. She pulled the jar from a small table. Amber grabbed it and opened it. Angel's eyes changed colors then we gasped back to normal. "I remember. I remember!!" She said, squealing. I smiled. It's good to have my babygirl back. Well at least she knows how to live life underwater.