SHE MAY BE DIFFERENT

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

LOVE
(n.) an intense feeling of deep affection

♢ ♢ ♢

"Mr.Volkov, how are you feeling today?" The kind therapist asked the 60 year old man who had lost his wife in a car accident. What seemed to hurt the old man the most was that he forgot to tell his wife three simply words. I love you.

The words were so undervalued that they seemed to slip out of everyone's mouth without real love or care. It hurt her to see that the old man was still unable to fully let go. It is always hard to leave those who you have started to love more than yourself. Even with his wife gone for 10 years ago from now, his love never ended for her. He promised to remind her that he loves her just as much as he did the day he first expressed the word. Sometimes that's how it ends. Emotions are only left to be words.

"I'm doing better." The old man expressed as his aging face was quickening it's process. The man had lost hope of love. Not because he didn't believe in it, but simply because he had no one to tell him he was loved as well.

"Mr.Volkov, would you like to reflect on that?" The therapist asked even though she knew how hard it was for the old man to express his guilt.

"Why are you still trying?" He asked to the therapist who was always listening to all the words that he expressed. In hopes she could find one reason to ask him to start fresh.

"What do you mean Mr.Volkov?" She asked patiently as the old man looked at the therapist with admiration.

"What I mean sweetheart, is that I come here every week and waste your time whereas you sit and listen as if I'm giving you something new to learn." The old man pointed as she smiled gently.

"It's because I do get to learn something from you each time you come here. I learn the depths one's love can go. I learn that behind that old man's broken heart is so much love that he continues to shower with others. Mr.Volkov I'm not here to listen because I'm your therapist, but as a listening ear." The old man smiled at the women who was so innocent yet so wise.

"Is that why you haven't given up on me when my own kids have?" She smiled as she realized that it wasn't the fact he opens up to her that was important. But, the fact he trusted her to be someone that has held him at his worst. Someone who has never given up on him and would never.

"Mr.Volkov, sometimes it's the best to let go of those who don't care about you. Not because you don't deserve them but because they don't deserve you." He seemed to get lost in thoughts of the wise words of the therapist and finally in a long time he felt deserving of more than he was letting himself on. He wasn't the one that hadn't given enough love, but the problem was those he had choosen to give the love to.