POTENTIAL MURDERER

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

MOONBOW
(n.) a rainbow caused by the retraction and reflection of light from the moon

♢ ♢ ♢

He deserved to know. That was the very first thought that ran through Ravenna's mind. She knew how this went. But, one thing Ravenna knew was as much right she had on the possible baby she was carrying, so did he. He deserved to know that he may be a father.

Tossing the stick into the closest disposal, Ravenna turned to face the mirror in her bathroom. With still shaking hands, she turned the faucet on before splashing the cold water into her face. Feeling somewhat relaxed, Ravenna walked out of her bathroom and finished packing the remaining items in the last cardboard box along with many others.

She flinched when she heard her door bell ring and then followed by a series of knocks. Ravenna immediately followed herself out to the front door to attend the inpatient visitor.

Upon opening the door, she stood there somewhat confused before she matched the face. It was the women who had once collided into Rafael and her in the building. Ravenna also remembered how much Rafael disliked talking about her.

"How may I help you?" Ravenna asked politely, but she was immediately shocked when she saw the women pulling out a gun from the edge of her purse that was hanging loosely onto her arm.

"Ravenna walk inside right now and don't dare make any noise." Ravenna hesitantly backed up into the apartment knowing she was capable of doing nothing if the women was to pull the trigger.  The women in front of her looked unstable. Her brown eyes were puffy and swollen as if she was crying every single day. Her skin that once must have been a beautiful olive color had grown pale. Her auburn curls looked perfectly ironed, but only played along with her perfect role.

"Who are you?" Ravenna asked cautiously. She didn't want to provoke the women in front of her in any way that would result in blood shed.

"Oh come on, I thought Rafael was close enough to you by now. What happened? Let me guess he walked away from you and never came back. Honestly, I would've have let you go as well if you weren't carrying his heir." The last words came out of her mouth in full bitter. It wasn't possible for her to know. She had just figured it out herself. This didn't all seem to add up.

She started moving towards Ravenna who didn't dare to move. Her fake claw like nails traced the still flat stomach.

"You know I was supposed to give him his first heir. I was supposed to be his first love. He never was supposed to be with you." Ravenna was all ears. She didn't say a word knowing this will keep her from hearing the truth that this women used as a motive to kill her. She knew almost everything about Ravenna and Ravenna knew absolutely nothing about the women herself.

"He told me he would find the first capable women to carry his little baby just so he could prove me wrong. He wanted to prove me wrong so bad Ravenna that he choose the wrong women to be the mother of his children. Why else do you think he had so many therapists and yet he didn't even choose one to be his medical assistance. I guess he never needed the therapy, what he did need was a living surrogate and you seemed to be the perfect one for the job." Ravenna pulled the women's hands off her stomach as she backed away from her. Tears rose from her eyes as she heard her say all that she had to say to her. It can't be true. He told her that she was different.

"Aww poor Ravenna got heartbroken. It's painful isn't it. No medication or drug is strong enough to heal this pain. But, I know what just might help you. Dying for you is the easiest option. I mean you were pretty pathetic to roll into bed with your patient in the first place." She couldn't hear anymore, covering her ears she knelt down in hopes that she would be left alone.

"Who are you? How do you know so much about me?" Ravenna asked as she tried to find out a way to escape the women in front of her that was her potential murderer.

"Rebecca Efrain. Let's just say Ravenna that you are being introduced to the Russian Mafia." Ravenna pulled away from Rebecca as she heard her claim her position in a mafia.

"Rebecca you can't kill someone like that. I don't even know you." Ravenna tried to buy as much time as she could before the timer beeped down.

"Ravenna you're not the first that I would be killing and certainly not the last. I have been watching you like a f*cken dog for the past 2 months. You don't think that I would let that chance of finishing this now." Ravenna halted in front of her kitchen counter where she could easily spot the kitchen knives laying.

"Do you love Rafael?" Ravenna asked as she reached for the knife behind her carefully.

"Love him is an underestimate now. I hate that man for ruining my life. Don't worry, I would take everything he has one at a time until he would want to end his life on his own leisure. I won't kill him, he would want to do it himself." Ravenna's fingers finally wrapped around the knife which she hesitantly pulled behind her.

"Rebecca he used us both, so that doesn't just make you the victim."

"Oh I know love. But, the difference between you and me is that you love him still. Now that you're carrying his so call baby, you would go running back to him as if nothing happened. I won't let you get that chance because he doesn't deserve a happy ending." Her eyes glistened with evil as she reached into her purse to grab the gun she had used to invite herself in.

Ravenna knew she wouldn't miss the shot, Rebeccas was that confident. Following her extinct, she rushed towards the women before puncturing the knife into her left shoulder. Without anything else on her mind she ran towards the exit of the apartment.

"You b*tch." She heard her cuss out in pain as she made it out of the door. She could hear Rebecca's heels clicking on the pavement as Ravenna knew the elevator was not quick enough. Rushing towards the stairs, she quickly followed the decreasing floor numbers. She hesitantly examined the ground floor for anymore suspicious people and immediately encountered two in black leather jackets that were on full lookout.

She quickly pulled the scarf off her neck and pulled it to cover her head before heading towards the fire exit. Before she could make it to the exit her mouth was abruptly covered with another hand keeping her screams from exiting her mouth.

"Don't make a noise." Is all she heard from the stranger.

♢ ♢ ♢

Sorry for the sudden bombshell! I know it's a lot to take in, but who doesn't like a good twist! I do! Don't come knocking at my door though!

♢ ♢ ♢

【AUTHOR CONTACT INFORMATION】

➊. Instagram | erotica_iris_grace

➋. Email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com

❸. Aesthetician Instagram | iris_grace_

❹. Personal Instagram | itz_jazmine_here

VOTE & COMMENT

J. Iris Grace