Chapter 4: What do you know about the Kitsune?

3rd person POV

Suzune sat on the gyms bench while some of the Volleyball teams members stood in front of her. Oikawa kept his smile while his eyes glinted in curiosity.

"Ok Suzune-chan~ how do you know Kitsune Ōsama?" He questioned the girl in front of him. "we're childhood friends. He used to go to Shiratorizawa junior high but was forced to transfer schools since he moved to Hyogo." She stated. Oikawa nodded at her and continued to interrogate the girl. "Shiratorizawa huh? What positions does he exactly play? The internet didn't make that clear." Suzune closed her eyes and held her chin. " From what I recall he was usually a setter four years ago but he also played as a Wing spiker, Middle blocker, opposite hitter, and pinch-server. But from the videos I've seen online he's drastically improved in all of the positions I mentioned. Not to mention he's a decent Libero."

The others nodded at her statement as Iwaizumi questioned her next. " What's he like? His personality and how he works with a team." Suzune looked up to him a small smile forming on her face. She chuckled a bit. "I'm guessing it's because of the words 'Demon' and 'King' on his two nicknames. Well Yukio, is quite aloof and blunt at times, he's anti-social but he works well with others by understanding and getting to know them. Even if he's a bit uncomfortable with the idea. He's very nice actually and quite understanding. He can be very scary when he needs to though." She gave them a tired smile remembering the times she's seen the boy being his sadistic self. She shivered at the memory.

"So I'll apologize for him in advance, since he's very blunt and has a hard time expressing his emotions. Like when he says 'you can do better' it actually means 'You're Awesome!'. He accidently makes his Compliments sound like insults." The team nodded in understanding. 'So he can be emotionally constipated' was the thought most shared. "Suzune-chan could you do me a fa--" "Nai." Suzune bluntly said to the boy. "oh come one you didn't even let me finish!!" Oikawa yelled. "Furuya-san could you bring Haruki-san to practice sometime this week?" Iwaizumi politely asked the girl.

Suzune looked at her senpai and sighed in defeat. She nodded in agreement to him. "I'll bring him here. Not sure if I can this week though. Maybe next week since I know he has a pile of homework to do." Oikawa's jaw dropped at her reaction. 'She'll listen to Iwa-chan but not me?!' he thought in disbelief. Gaining his composure he asked the girl to show them a picture of the topic of their discussions.

She look at him suspiciously but complied. She took out her phone and showed them a photo she took of the said boy when he wasn't looking.

'Damn'

'Damn'

For the last past week, Seijoh's Volleyball team kept looking for the boy. They had caught sight of him often but they never interacted with him. The only one who seemed to have spoken to him was their other setter Yahaba.

Yukio POV

Yukio POV

I was in the library peacefully reading a book until I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out to see a Message from Suzune

Baka Fujoshi (Suzune)

Suzune
Hey Yukio!
Could you come to the gym.

Yukio
Why?
I'm busy.

Suzune
Liar!
Bet your just doing something
boring.
Could you please just come here! 😭😣😣

Yukio
Alright...
And FYI I was only reading!

I sighed in annoyance before packing my stuff and proceeding to the schools gym. ' Wonder why she asked for me.'

"Yukio!!!" I heard someone yell my name. I turned to the source to see Suzune waving her arms up and down. I sped up my pace but once I got close to her she grabbed my arm and dragged me to the gym. "Suzune, what do you want? And I can walk by myself!" I yelled at her. She hummed in response. "The volleyball team wants to meet you. They interrogated me last week y'know!" She exclaimed then huffed in annoyance.

We arrived at the gym where the team were already practicing. I stood there with a nonchalant expression while Suzune grinned in excitement. 'she better not be shipping me with anyone already.' I slightly glared at the girl in which she only smiled innocently.

"Oikawa! Iwaizumi-Senpai I brought him here just like you asked!" She yelled gaining everyone's attention. All eyes were on us, well mostly on me which made me shift in discomfort.

A brunette looked at us confused before his expression turned happy. He made his way towards us. "Uwah! You really did bring him here Suzune-chan! Hi there I'm Oikawa Tooru, the captain." He outstretched his hand which I hesitantly took. "umm... I'm Haruki Yukio.... Nice to meet you?" I said the last sentence in a questioning manner but he didn't seem to notice.

"It's nice to meet you too Kitsune Ōsamo~" I rolled my eyes at the nickname. I both liked and hated it. Being called a king isn't really pleasant. "Hai-hai~ don't call me that." He lightly snickered.

" So whaddya guys want?" Oikawa smiled as their coach approached us. "kon'nichiwa Haruki-kun, I'm Irihata Nobuteru. Seijoh's coach." he gave me a fatherly smile, nodding at him. " As for what we want I'd like you to join the team." His smile got wider but what he said made my face scrunch up in frustration.

"A-Ano~ As much as I want to I'd rather not. I'd just bench myself. N-Not that I'm bragging but I'd rather not replace anyone." I scratched the back of my head nervously. Irihata-sensei only gave me a warm smile making me confused.

"Oomi-san was right. Your quite modest." The coach stated, my eyes widening at the mention of my former teams coach.

" Y-You know Coach Oomi?" I stuttered out, he nodded in confirmation. My jaw clenched, 'I don't plan on being on the court as a regular...'

'So if our teams go against eachother, we won't hold back!'

I sighed in defeat remembering Osamu's declaration. "Fine...." I said in a nervous tone. Coach Irihata looked satisfied as well as the other occupants of the gym.

"Great! Practice starts at 8:00, don't be late."

'I may regret this in the near future'