Chapter 18: Seijoh vs. Karasuno

The game between Aoba Johsai and Karasuno has arrived and both brothers were determined to beat one another. The two teams entered the gym and the tension started to rise. The ones who had caused the tension the most was the two Kageyamas glaring at one another and they shared the same thought.

'I will beat you.'

Figurative lightning flashed between the two as their teams started to warm up. Oikawa set the ball to the players.

"Nice one Maki! Right on target!" Oikawa complimented as he did the same with Kindaichi. Iwaizumi on the other hand. "Iwa-chan aren't you trying to hard? You don't need to show off y'know? There aren't any girls who'd watch you after all." He stated bluntly as an irk mark appeared on Iwaizumi's for head.

Kindaichi had to hold him back. "Iwaizumi-san calm down!!" Kindaichi yelled struggling to hold back his senpai. Oikawa set the ball and Yukio spiked it down the other side of the net. Once again the two brothers glared at eachother.

"Let's have a nice game!!"

« First set »

"Hey Tobio-chan. I came here today looking forward to defeating the genius setter. So do your best and try to put up a fight. " Oikawa said in a cocky tone. Kageyama glared at the boy until his senpai was hit in the back of his head. "Quite bullying my brother. You can settle your differences when the game starts." Yukio sneered at the two setters and walked away. "Ittai Haru-chan." Oikawa whined quietly.

"Okay, let's do this!! Well then I'm trusting you guys." He said in a serious tone a semi-sinister smile on his face. 'Im seriously gonna have trouble getting used to a serious Oikawa.' Yukio thought to himself.

The game has started

Karasuno was the first to see in which it was Tsukishima who had to do it. The ball went over to the other side of the net and Yukio swiftly received it. The ball was sent to Oikawa. He was about to set until he did a sudden dump shot catching Karasuno by surprise.

"C'mon now I'm going to do the same thing next time too, you know. Don't space out and stay vigilant." He lightly insulted the team but also giving a word of advice. Karasuno was angered by this

It was Matsukawa's time to serve and the ball was receivee by Karasuno's captain Daichi. The ball went to Kageyama as both Hinata and Tanaka ran for it. The ball was tossed to Hinata and the two performed their freak-quick attack but was received by Seijoh's Libero, watari. The ball bounced of his arms and Oikawa looked as if he were going to perform a dump shot once more.

'The thing about Oikawa is, his form is perfect. You can't be certain on what he is going to do.' Yukio thought as said setter tossed the ball to Iwaizumi. The ball hit right in front of the opposing teams ace giving the second point to Aoba Johsai.

"Oi that was a little too low." Iwaizumi commented. "Really? Sorry. But you can generally be able to hit it anyways, Iwa-chan." Oikawa said to the ace. 'The mindset of having a great amount of faith with your partner. Seems like being childhood friends with your partner is extremely useful.' Yukio told himself.

The ball was served by Matsukawa once more but was received by Nishinoya. The ball was sent to Kageyama who had three spikers on his way. To their surprise he got a point with his very own dump shot.

'Ah, right.. Tobio's just the same as Oikawa...I'm completely useless right now... ' Yukiothoight solemnly glaring at the palm of his hand.