Chapter 31: Aoba Johsai vs Date tech (part 2)

[A/N: I'm not focusing on adding names to Dateko's team since it'll make the story a bit confusing to read, so I'll just put in the three characters who are known the most.]

3rd person POV

« Second Set »

At the start of the second set Yukio was subbed out for Kunimi, confusing many people. You could see said boys with indifferent expression looking to much alike.

It annoyed Tobio. How the hell can Kunimi look like Yukio's sibling so easily?

"You can do it." Yukio whispered, patting his shoulder. Kunimi nodded at him, and took his position in the back left corner of the court. "I made your laziness go through hell, go and spike down those blocks for me." The Ravenette smirked proudly at him.

"Thanks, Yukio-senpai." Kunimi gave him a small smile, and focused on the game.

"Tsk. Asshole." Grumbled Tobio, seeing his brother cockily smirk at him.

"He's quite proud of him, huh?" Suga nudged his annoyed Kōhai. Tobio glared at him, before huffing, jealousy emitting from him. "Why the hell are they even subbing him out?" Kageyama asked no one, but glared at his smug looking brother.

The second set started with Kunimi for serve. He remembered the rigorous practices he had with his senpai, always having to put more effort then he usually did. For some reason his body felt lighter, Yukio had explained that his laziness made him feel heavy, so the extra practices allowed his body to get used to the effort he puts in. Hearing the whistle, he tossed the ball into the air and zeroed in on it. Just before he passed the end line, he jumped and hit the ball with enough force that Date techs Libero had to dive for it. The ball was passed to their first year setter Koganegawa who sloppily tossed the ball to one of their Spikers.

Both Matsukawa and Iwaizumi jumped for the block, and the ball rebound onto Date techs side. Another member went to dive for the ball, letting it fly up into the air. Again did Koganegawa tossed the ball to Futakuchi, which was to high for him.

"Damnit!" He cursed as he spiked the ball with difficulty, watari was able to save the ball, and sent it to Oikawa. "Stoic-chan!" The setter yelled and as the ball fell to his fingers, Kunimi took a few steps back. He ran and jumped for the ball, as he quickly scanned places to spike the ball to. He saw a free area just by the end of the court. Spiking the ball to that area, their libero's hand barely grazed the ball as it rebounded of it and out the court.

"Go Go Akira! Push 'em Back! Akira!"

Kunimi smiled to himself seeing that he succeeded. He turned back to his senpai and grinned, gaining a subtle thumbs up soon after.

"What the hell? Since when was Kunimi so g—" Tobio's eyes widen seeing that his brother subtly praised the indifferent boy and realized why Kunimi had a sudden improvement. "So that's why he got so good." Tobio strainly grinned, and glared at his brother and former teammate.

"Akira-kun, nice spike~" Yukio said refraining from screaming his heart out and showering his favorite Kōhai with praise.

Again Kunimi went for the serve and went with a floater. Date tech had a trouble saving it as the ball suddenly fell on the center. It was thankfully saved and sent back which another member sent it up high for Futakuchi. The captain spiked it down, but was surprised with the fact someone was there to receive it. The ball bounced of Kunimi's arms and the first year winced a bit.

"Nice save Stoic-chan!" Oikawa praised and went for the ball. He tossed it to Kindaichi, who spiked the ball to only be slammed down by Aone.

On the sidelines, a certain fox was wiping a tear from his eye. "O-Oi, Yukio are you ok?" Yahaba asked, concerned of the teary eyed all rounder.

"I-I'm just so proud of him." He sniffed, and wiped another tear. Yahaba sweat dropped at how dramatic he was, but smiled at how Yukio changed so far. From the cold and antisocial King he was, to the Lazy and Mischivious, yet dramatic fox he is.

"Heh, most of your effort went solely to dragging Kunimi to practice and training him yourself. "Yahaba chuckled.

"Well yeah! He's my favorite Kōhai, don't tell Yuutarō." Yukio bluntly said, and Yahaba barked out a laugh.

"Hm...why can't you be a good student like him, huh?" Yukio mocked the blonde standing beside him. Yahaba snickered, while Kyōtani glared at both of them. "Hah?! Who the hell would want to be your student?" Kyōtani asked with a snarl, Yukio just hummed with a smug smile.

"My brother, Akira, Yuutarō, my former teammate in Inarizaki, Ginjima Hitoshi, my Kōhai's in middle school—"

"I alright we— Hahaha! Get that your an am—PFFTT!! amazing Teacher!!" Yahaba said in between laughs, seeing that the future ace was trembling in annoyance.

"Bastard son of a B####!!" Kyōtani yelled out and started shaking the boy by his collar.

"Your a sh*tty student! Baka Ahotani! Boke!" Yukio retorted with his own insults and both started arguing. Yahaba who was the next mother of the team, gave them hard smacks to the head.

"Oohh that's gotta hurt." Watari laughed out loud.

"Ooww!!" Both of them yelled out, and clutched their heads in pain.

The four second years were so immersed with one another that during the argument, they didn't realize their team had a time out. Now the players who were on the court saw Kyōtani and Yukio argue like children, with Watari snickering at them, and Yahaba smacking them to stop.

"I am now rethinking the fact that we'll be leaving the team in good hands." Iwaizumi sweat dropped.

"Oh lighten up~" oikawa sang, smiling happily at how Yukio seems to finally open up to them, that he could release childish anger.

[ 20 : 19 ]

After the time out, the game went on with Futakuchi up for serve. Watari was able to dig it, and sent it to Oikawa. "Mad dog-chan!!" Oikawa yelled for the ace candidate.

Yukio's eyes narrowed at Kyōtani as said boy jumped for the ball and smacked it to the other side of the court. At the strong force, Date techs Libero difficulty receiving the hard spike.

Smirking to himself, he gave Yukio a mocking look but received a mocking smile in return. In contemplation, Yukio had scored more points then him during the first set, both in blocking Serves and spiking.

"Don't get cocky now~ I scored more then you remember!" Yukio joked, and Kyōtani glared at him.

" Shut it! I'm gonna score 10 points!" Kyōtani retorted but flinched upon Yukio's smirk.

"I scored me then ten though." Yukio snickered, and Yahaba sighed tiredly. "You kept count?" He asked the boy who gave him an oddly innocent expression. "Is it wrong? I only wanted to fuel Kyōtani-kun's determination." He blinked and smiled softly, but being friends with the fox had its perks.

Yahaba knew that behind that excuse was a sadist, who was insulting their ace candidate. Yahaba shook his head before smiling at Yukio. Said boy was startled but then, blushed a bit. "Your hopeless. I'm not sure that we'll lose our headaches of Oikawa. Your just gonna be as equal of a headache." Yahaba smiled sweetly, unintentionally insulting the boy.

A arrow pierced his heart, and he clutched it in metaphorical pain. "Shigeru that's mean."

[Shout-out to, for guessing who Yukio's rival is:
DepressionGurl
FrancesFamaloan
yachaaaan
animqlqver
kodzulou

This is just an anticipated spoiler, so wait for future chapters!]