Little Anecdote (No Three Men In A Boat Type)

So hello my fellow readers. The first novel I ever received was back when I was in second grade. Alice in the Wonderland, and The Boy Next Door. Both classics!
How Alice went down a rabbit hole just because she was with her sister (yet alone) and in the middle of nowhere, saw a rabbit. Well, mostly people would react how cute! But not for this one. This rabbit was wearing coat, pant, had a watch in his hand and it... NO! He. He talked.
You know a few days back, I was forwarded a video in which a dog was standing on his legs for what seemed five seconds! And more surprising, that video got viral!
See that's the problem. This girl, Alice, got curious and ran after him.
First of all, where was her sister? I mean, yesterday, my six years old brother saw a lizard walking on the floor and he made an announcement!
"Bhaiya chipakli deewar Chod kar zameen par chal rahi hai! Unka wikaas ho gaya!"

Now the same applies to the rabbit too. Which animal would like to wear clothes on? I mean wouldn't it be too hot to handle in there? If one would give me a choice to stay nude or wear clothes (now that's what we call a realistic imagination. Don't dare be kinky) I would happily choose the first one.

No hate comments please.

Still, Alice goes in there and does great things-
Making a pool.
Bringing flood and making many creatures homeless.
Riding a griffin.
Seeing a walking lizard.
Going to parties uninvited.
Discovering a hell big cat.
And whatnot.

I was thinking that if this took her so long to come inside here, how would she go up? I mean gravity?
Fuck that concept. The writer has got the Bramhastra! Imagination! And that was exactly the thing he wrote to justify the return of Alice-
She was just dreaming! It was all her imagination!

And this was the very first book I read in person. And i found it so fascinating that I stayed up all night and finished the other book too. Then the next day, I woke up, the books still curled up in my arms reminding me of last night. With such a great memory of the book, I hurried up to my parents and eagerly asked for some more books.

What if I say all of whatever I said was a big fat lie?

Truth- I never read both of them.  What would you expect from a second grader? The only book I had seen that thick by that time was the book our class teacher had in her bag, and that also only because she was a Maths teacher too. I didn't know what to do with the books except hit the bully with it while he chases you in the corridor. So I never read the books. Not until in 9th grade summer vacations when I had nothing to do than homework. So, as to pretend that I was studying, I read that book. In two freaking days, it was completely read. And guess what, i never tried to read them again.

So this was the first book that I ever received. But guys this wasn't the one I was ever asked to actually read. The one I was forced to read was The Blue Umbrella. When? Back in third grade. Why? Because I had to write an essay on it as summer holiday homework.
If you don't know what that book is about, it's a story having it's setting in a rural India. The girl saw a beautiful umbrella in the hands of a British Tourist. She instantly loved it. She liked to so much that she exchanged her amulet with the Tourist for the umbrella. And let me tell you, that amulet was not any amulet. It contained nails of a wild bear with it. And surprisingly, her dad was the one who killed that bear!

The story roams around how her umbrella gets stolen and how she retrieves it.

So was I going to read that book?
Of course not! I saw the movie instead.

My real thirst started when I accidentally read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone back in 10th grade.
And well you know, in over two months, I completed the whole Rick Riordan universe and Wizarding World along with Caster Chronicles.
I was new to this thing and so, my thirst for read was Neverending. I was reading novel right before my board exams too. (That's not my fault. Percabeth were in Tartarus! I couldn't control)

So, in order to quench my thirst, I came on wattpad.
Devesh, did your thirst was quenched?
Actually, it died. It committed suicide.
Read on to know why.

Honest Wordsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें