WE ARE NOT FRIENDS

"Oh you very well knew what you were doing. You did this because you wanted to take revenge from us. We were your friends Serena. I was your best friend. Was that also some kind of charade?" Blair shouted. She was furious, fuming currently with what Serena did to her. If anyone from outside would see her right now they definitely would run for their lives.

"Blair.." Serena tried to speak but was cut off by Chuck. "No, Serena. This time there is no explanation. I considered you as my sister, Serena and you did this to me. You could have come to me instead of sending out a tip." Chuck let out a sigh of disgust.

"Chuck.." Serena tried to speak again only to get cut again by Dan. "Serena, we dated for almost couple of years. We ended things on good terms. We were friends for six years now, Serena. Six years of nothing but loyal friendship and this is how you pay me back? God! How did I ever love you? You are a horrible person." Dan shouted out of anger.

Serena's eyes were brimming with tears. Nobody was letting her explain anything. Although she didn't had much to say then apologize for whatever she had done. But she knew that there was one person who would forgive her and give her a second chance because he once said that he believes in second chances. With her trembling self she turned towards him.

"Nate. You believe me, right? I did not do this, any of this. I am being set up. Trust me, Nate. Please." Serena tried to convince him hoping that he will understand her. But Nate stood there with a hurting face. At that moment Serena felt the distance which had come between them. She took a step back from him and said "You don't believe me? You think I am the one who sent out those blasts?" Nate didn't say a word and just lets out a sigh and rolls his face to other side.

Serena starts moving backwards. Her world was crushing down. She never expected her life to take such drastic turn. She looked at all of them one last time and then turned away and started walking towards the elevator. This place, these people and her life was suffocating her. All she wanted was an out.

As she was about to get inside the elevator, she heard "Serena, if this time you are going to run away then please don't bother to say a goodbye because it's a goodbye from all of our sides." Jenny said who was standing mute till now and watching this whole drama. "Also, Serena, please don't bother to come back this time because we are done now. You are dead to me and I don't want to see your face ever. Goodbye. You can leave now." Blair bluntly spoke. Serena didn't say a word and just got inside the elevator and left.

This was the last time they ever saw her. She had disappeared from their lives. Two weeks were passed and they haven't heard from her or her family. There were no more gossip girl posts about her. Nobody even tried to look for her. They all have forgotten about her and moved on. Whole of the Upper East Side had forgotten about their IT Girl. It was like she never existed.

***

Five years Later

A girl dressed in black and yellow floral dress and in pink heels entered inside a building. Just as she entered she was greeted by the doorman who gave her the mails. She scan through all the mails and then asked, "Matthew, are these all the mails which came in?" "Yes, Mrs. Bass." Matthew replied. Blair frowned and then asked, "Are there any other mails which you may have forgotten to deliver?" "No, Ma'am. This is all we have here." Blair scrunched her eyebrows and then started walking bidding Matthew a goodbye.

The moment she reached her apartment Dorota and Chuck were discussing about something. They seemed tense so she went towards them and asked what the whole matters is about. "Dorota, Chuck, what is going on?" they both looked at each other and then Dorota handed over a printed page of one of the blasts from the gossip girl site. Blair immediately grabbed that page and the moment when she saw what was in it her whole world shattered and all he could say was "Oh my God!"

Tears started to flow down her eyes and she didn't know how to react and what to say? She sat there looking at the pamphlet with her never ending tears. Chuck tried to console her. He knew what all bad thoughts might be coming on her mind. "We have to go, Chuck. We have to go to Lily's and see if it's even true." Blair said and they both left for Lily's.

As soon as they reached at Lily's building they saw Nate and Dan coming too. "So, you guys saw the Gossip Girl blast about how maybe it's time bid farewell to Manhatan's favorite IT girl or is it farewell for someone else, too?" Dan said. All of their heads shake in unison. "I don't know what it meant? I just hope it's not what I am thinking." Nate said. "Me too." Blair said.

"Listen up, guys. I.. I have to go. I have this meeting with the publishers which I can't miss. Let me know what happens." Dan said and left the place as if he didn't cared.

"I think we all should go inside and check." Chuck said to clear out the curiosity. "I don't know man, I mean the last I came here was three years ago. And all I received was heartbreak. She had left again without saying goodbye. All she left us was a letter." Nate said.

"I was feeling guilty and came to talk to her about what happened and she wasn't here. She was gone. Where? Nobody knew. It was like the last time." Nate said. If anyone sees him right now all they would see would be hurt. He was hurt about the fact that she didn't trust him enough to wait for him. She just left like the last time.

"Classic, Serena." Blair said and paused. They all were standing at the entrance door of Van Der Woodsen penthouse building when Vanya came over to them. "Ms. Blair, Mr. and Mrs. Van Der Woodsen's are not here but they gave me this letter to give you." Vanya said and handed Blair the letter.

"To, the non-judging breakfast club." The letterread. "It is Serena's handwriting." Blair said as soon as she read those words.It was written in perfect cursive handwriting. She opened the letter and it wasdated five years back. 

_____

So, here we go with chapter one of my first ever Gossip Girl story.

Updates for this will be weekly i.e. every Sunday.

and I already have Chapter 2 written

so, please do like and review and share.

xoxo, M