TELL ME ABOUT YOU

A/N- Hey, I hope you all are doing fine. Thank you so much for all those who commented and showed their interest. I am so, so grateful to you all for your support.

I'll update this soon.

xxx

CHAPTER 9 – TELL ME ABOUT YOU

"Serena?" Nate calls out her name as they sit for dinner. They were having pasta.

"Yeah?" Her eyes fixed on her food.

"Um. Never mind." He shrugs, doesn't know how to frame his sentence.

"Nate, tell me?" She forces him to say.

He takes her hand in his and shifts to face her "I just wanted to know about how-" He looks at her face and then at their connected hand "about how you managed everything here?" He doesn't look at her but could feel her gaze over him.

"Nate." She starts and tugs his hand to look at her "Come." She pulls him out of his seat and they go and sit on the couch in the living room.

"Before I tell you anything, you need to know that whatever happened was because of me and not you. You will not blame yourself. Okay, Nate?" She tells him

"But, Serena." He starts but she doesn't let him complete.

She curls up her leg on the sofa and sits in such a position that she is directly facing him. Nate too sits with his face turned to her side. She takes his hand and a deep breath before starting up.

"There isn't much to tell." She looks at his confused expression "But I don't want to lie to you, it was hard, Nate, very hard, with Hazel and everything, but I managed, we managed and you know got to see my mom's and grandma's different side. They have the maternal bone." She jokes, doesn't want to tense their atmosphere, but Nate doesn't laugh or even smile. He just wants to know everything.

She takes another breath and continues "there were times when I just wanted to come back running to you and tell you that we have this huge responsibility to take over but then I wouldn't because I thought maybe you wouldn't want to talk to me or see my face." She tears her eyes from his face and fixes them on their hands. Nate squeezes her hand to continue.

"But then Hazel was born, Nate-" She looks at him again, smiles a little. "-and she had your eyes, blue eyes, and your face. She was all you and it felt like everything will be fine. She made me happy again. And when she started to grow all I wished was for you to be here, but you weren't and it was all because of me because I doubted on you and us and I was so angry on myself, till today." Tears started to well in her eyes and she batted her lashes to make them go away.

Nate was just looking at her, didn't say anything, and then she continued "Time passed by and we got used to the way we were living. Grandma asked me to take over her event management company and I took it because I wanted to do something in life." She glanced at his face once again "I used to search on the internet about you all the time, to see if you were happy or moved on, but you didn't and I felt terrible for doing that to you." A tear escaped from one of her eyes.

"And then a year ago Chuck found us and he visited. He told me about you, how you were broken and I felt more terrible and, and I just didn't do anything because I just couldn't appear at your door just like that, Nate. And I wanted to expose the Gossip Girl's identity, she ruined our lives and I thought maybe then it will hurt less if I appear at your door and I made Chuck promise not to tell you or Blair."