WELCOME HOME

A/N- Thank you so much for all those who commented and showed their interest. I am so, so grateful to you all for your support.

I read a few of you had certain doubts regarding a few things, I can't say if they get resolved through this chapter, but I can assure you with time and later chapters it will. I want to keep this story realistic.

Another thing I wanted to mention was, my prime focus will be on Serena & Nate, so there are chances I may not include Hazel in many scenes. Her character is important and surely will be written about, not very much but she will be there.

Until then please keep showing your love and support.

Just a reminder- I will update this story once a week on Saturday or Sunday.

xxx

CHAPTER 6- WELCOME HOME

Nate sat on the couch in the living area and Hazel's head was right beside him. He gently pulled Hazel towards him and massaged her hair soothingly. Milo settled himself near Nate's feet. Serena was in the kitchen bringing something for him to eat and drink. When Serena came back with two cups of hot chocolate and sandwiches she awed looking at them. Three of them were sleeping. Nate had his eyes closed and with his head settled against the back of the sofa while Hazel's head was on his lap and Milo was sleeping near his feet. She wondered how in a matter of hours Milo was so connected with Nate.

She placed all the food on the coffee table and took out her phone to capture the moment. This was her new, old interest which she had picked up on in five years. After securing the scene in her mind and her phone she hopped on the sofa and settled into the small space beside Nate. She accustomed herself in the space and looked at Nate who was looking at her with you just freaked me out look. Serena chuckled and asked "hungry? I made Hot Chocolate and Sandwiches." She eyed towards the table.

Nate looked at the table and then at her "since when do you cook?" he questioned her amusement all over his face.

Serena faked a hurt look and said "since I became a mother of this stubborn, stubborn girl. All thanks to you, by the way." and she mocked him.

Nate laughed and Serena handed him a cup of hot chocolate and took another one for her. Nate appreciated her work and declared this is going to be his favorite drink from now on. They were talking, but awkwardness still lingered between them.

"Serena, we- we need to talk about stuff. I am not saying right now but we need to. Okay?" Nate told her and she nodded. They had to solve this awkwardness as soon as possible and before they start building something new.

xxx

Hazel opened her eyes very slowly and saw Nate's face right above her. He was talking with Serena and she threw herself up from her lying position to now sitting position. She was looking at Nate with wide eyes and screamed "Daddddd." Milo waked up alarmingly and Serena laughed first at her daughter's dramatics then on her poor Milo who still was in the alarmed and proactive state, and then at Nate's face who was nervous.

It took Hazel only seconds to jump again and hug Nate. Milo was now sitting attentively looking here and there for any signs of commotion. "Oh my god, you are here, you are finally here." She repeated again and again squeezing herself against Nate. Serena squeezed his hand and while Nate reciprocated to his daughter's bone-crushing hug.